Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
Finally went out last night to see Django Unchained. I thought it was a good movie and loved the character played by Christoph Waltz.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Fallen Sparrow" - Nice original mid-war film. Very little violence, lots of psyhcological intrigue. In it you can see the first inklings of what would later become "film noir". John Garfield, one of my fave and most underrated actors, gives a stellar performance tortured veteran of the Spanish Civil War who's fought the Nazi's once already has something they want.

Worf

Last edited:

Feraud

Bartender
Watched Moby Dick for the first time in years. I first saw the film when I was young (early 70s) and the image of Gregory Peck lashed to the side of the white whale with his dead hand beckoning the crew left an impression. I am glad to see the movie held up as I've grown older.

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Just watched Night Fighters with Robert Mitchum and Richard Harris. Accents are a bit dodgy, but overall really excellent and nuanced look at the IRA's relationship with Nazi Germany.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
We're showing Rust and Bone. If you've ever wondered what would happen if Marion Cotillard had her legs bitten off by a whale and then fell in love with a scuzzy Belgian kickboxer, this picture will answer all your questions.

Hmm... I have to admit that question was weighing upon me similar to the one about what would happen if Robert Smith from the Cure took a road trip across the American heartland and to hunt down a Nazi war criminal that tortured his father, but This is the Place answered (sorta) that question last year...

Sometimes I wonder if indie and foreign filmsmakers spend a wee bit too much time thinking up absurd premises for the movie at the expense of other aspects of filmmaking...

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
A Bronx Tale. Directed by and starring the inimitable Robert Deniro. Very good, and seemed to be somewhat autobiographical.
(I will watch Expendables 2 also,...why the heck not? )

Hello Nick Danger, I guess you spell your name with Danger ;)

The movie A Bronx Tale ,is a somewhat true and autobiographical tale but not about De Niro ,
it's about Chas Pez , you know the bar on the corner The "chaz pez " well that name and the
guy who plays Sonny are one in the same .

I forget his last name its something like Pazarella or Paz _ _ _ ( fill in the vowels) but it's
based mostly on his life and of course De Nero I'm sure is adding some of his own.
The guy Sonny was even on a "show" tour a sort of stand up but not comedy ,just him
explaing the ,movie ,his life ,etc etc etc

This Movie is my second all time favorite , because for me growing up at just about the same time period of the movie ,
and the part of the country I live in, and the guys on the corner that I used to hang with , well let's just say it was very ,
very similar to me and you knew who to screw around with and who to stay clear of like the guy's who hung around
"Chez Paz" ,so I could really relate to this flick and why I like it so much .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Last edited:

rjb1

Practically Family
Since "Moby Dick" was mentioned just before Lizzie brought up "Rust and Bone" - " If you've ever wondered what would happen if Marion Cotillard had her legs bitten off by a whale..." - I had a mental picture of her sailing on the Pequod and getting her legs bitten off while helping out Capt Ahab. After checking in IMDB, it turns out she was just bitten by a whale at Marineland. I think I would like the Great White Whale version better... "Thar She Blows!!"

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
"The Fallen Sparrow" - Nice original mid-war film. Very little violence, lots of psyhcological intrigue. In it you can see the first inklings of what would later become "film noir". John Garfield, one of my fave and most underrated actors, gives a stellar performance tortured veteran of the Spanish Civil War who's fought the Nazi's once already has something they want.

Worf

An interesting film. Garfield was not what you would call an actor of great range, but he was the precursor to Brando, Clift, and Dean. Nobody could portray a man of inner anguish better than he, perhaps best seen in Force of Evil and Body and Soul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21