Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Stormy

A-List Customer
Just watched Legend of 1900
I love this movie and Tim Roth is great
they also did a really great job with the costumes
has anyone else watched it?

I've seen it several times. Love it! It's one of those films that I kinda wish was non-fiction. My favorite scene is when he and that other musician are walking on board the ship during that storm. Love that scene! Wonder if it's possible.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
"Them Thar Hills" Laurel and Hardy go to for some mountain air and some cool clear mountain water - and I mean lots of it. "It tickles" says Mr. Laurel. "That's the iron" says Mr. Hardy.

A great short from the boys.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Hello Nick Danger, I guess you spell your name with Danger ;)

The movie A Bronx Tale ,is a somewhat true and autobiographical tale but not about De Niro ,
it's about Chas Pez , you know the bar on the corner The "chaz pez " well that name and the
guy who plays Sonny are one in the same .

I forget his last name its something like Pazarella or Paz _ _ _ ( fill in the vowels) but it's
based mostly on his life and of course De Nero I'm sure is adding some of his own.
The guy Sonny was even on a "show" tour a sort of stand up but not comedy ,just him
explaing the ,movie ,his life ,etc etc etc

This Movie is my second all time favorite , because for me growing up at just about the same time period of the movie ,
and the part of the country I live in, and the guys on the corner that I used to hang with , well let's just say it was very ,
very similar to me and you knew who to screw around with and who to stay clear of like the guy's who hung around
"Chez Paz" ,so I could really relate to this flick and why I like it so much .

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Chazz Palminteri,...and Mr. Deniro saw his show I hear, and was so taken with it he wanted to make a movie out of it. Mr. Palminteri agreed under the condition that he would star in the lead role. The rest is cinematic history as we know. :D

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
One of my all-time favorite films :)
Mine too now. I had never seen it until I happened upon it on Netflix. Actually there are quite a few gangster type flicks I've not seen until finding them there recently. Hoodlum is one. Not bad overall, starred Lawrence Fishburne as Bumpy Johnson, Tim Roth as Dutch Schultz, and Andy Garcia as Lucky Luciano.

rjb1

Practically Family
Please tell us more about "Detropia" - as a former Detroiter from before it fell apart, I have a "watching a train wreck" morbid interest in that topic.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
It's a thru-the-people's-eye's documentary -- there is no host or narrator imposing views on the footage, everything is told thru the eyes and the words of the participants. There are three people who are the main focus -- a young "urban blogger" who focuses on the physical deterioration of the city, a retired schoolteacher who runs a bar near a GM assembly plant, and the current president of UAW Local 82. The film follows them around, talks to them, and lets them tell thru firsthand experience what's happened to their city and their world. There's the usual post-apocalyptic-nightmare-world footage of decaying buildings, but the real emphasis is on the determination of these three people not to let go of their world without a fight. Excellent picture, and worth tracking down if it's showing near your town. It's up for an Oscar nomination this year, so you ought to be able to find it.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
2nd Anthony Mann film this week. "Man of the West." Gary Cooper, Lee J Cobb, Arthur O'Connel, Jack Lord, John Dehner, Julie London and a very small uncredited role for Dick Elliott. Good stuff. Anthony Mann's westerns are a little more complex than some oaters.

atomjet58

Familiar Face
Catch 22. Lots of A-2 jackets and 17 B-25 bombers that could still fly in 1970.
I also watched Island in the Sky which is loaded with flight jackets
and DC-3s.

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
We just watched Frankenweenie for family movie night. While renting it, my wife was warned that "you know, the dog has to die first, so if you have small children...".

Well.

Our four year old watched all the way through with nary a second thought.

Our six year old started crying during the opening credits... but she insisted on watching all the way through.

Then she hugged our dog...

Mine too now. I had never seen it until I happened upon it on Netflix. Actually there are quite a few gangster type flicks I've not seen until finding them there recently. Hoodlum is one. Not bad overall, starred Lawrence Fishburne as Bumpy Johnson, Tim Roth as Dutch Schultz, and Andy Garcia as Lucky Luciano.

A Bronx Tale has been one of my favorites for many many years; I am happy there are at least two more people who have stumbled upon it as well. :D
Sadly, the actor who played the older Calogero (Lillo Brancato Jr.) went down a sad path and is currently in prison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran