Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Watched Thunder Bay. Would never get made today with Hollywood's embracing of "green energy". Jimmy Stewart and Dan Duryea succeed at winning the hearts of the fisherman's daughters & putting in the first off shore oil well in the Gulf of Mexico. BTW, Jay C Flippen is dressed awfully sharp in this. And Gilbert Roland wears a great panama, though it looks like it's been treated rough.

I showed my sons the chase from Bullit. They'd never seen it before.

And finished off the night with Johnny O'Clock. Dick Powell and Lee J Cobb. The cut I saw had some strange camera work.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
Been on a 1930s horror film kick lately

Had a grand time watching "The Invisible Ray." I need Frank Lawton's wardrobe from that film!

Also enjoyed "The Raven," I've found a new Golden Era beauty! Irene Ware was a lovely woman!

images

tumblr_m27zsumIuE1r25kaqo1_500.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Battleship" - F - Someone gave it 2 stars... that fool should be forbiden to review movies for the rest of their lives. A more silly piece of tripe has never been made. Makes "Ishtar" look like Casablanca. I love a good alien shoot-em up as much as the next guy but Dear God and Sonny Jesus that steaming pile of feces should be burned and every copy along with it.

Worf

"Battleship" - F - Someone gave it 2 stars... that fool should be forbiden to review movies for the rest of their lives. A more silly piece of tripe has never been made. Makes "Ishtar" look like Casablanca. I love a good alien shoot-em up as much as the next guy but Dear God and Sonny Jesus that steaming pile of feces should be burned and every copy along with it.

Worf

:rofl: Aw, come on. You have to appreciate the Mighty Mo winning one last one. :p

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
Having a bit of a Postman marathon, first was the original The Postman Always Rings Twice with John Garfield and Lana Turner and now it`s the remake with Jack Nicholson and Jessica Lange. Not sure which version I like more but am leaning toward the original.

C44Antelope

One of the Regulars
Steaming piles of donkey feces and postal carriers aside, I watched "Tillie and Gus". (Mrs. Rayburn would be proud of the prepositional phrase I used to start that sentence.)

WC Fields and an OK cast race paddleboats to secure the ferry contract.

Not the best WC Fields movie, but still better than Battleship. Maybe Hollywood should consider an alien abduction movie in which the abducted humans are taken to the mother ship, placed on a table, hooked up to some sort of energy force and then the alien "doctors" can take turns trying to remove things like Adam's apple and water on the knee without waking the abducted patient, or Lana Turner. Call the thing "Operation, the Wacky Space Doctor Movie" and throw in a scene or two with Bruce Willis and Will Smith fighting aliens with the only thing that seems to hold them at bay - Burt's Bees Lip Balm, shot from a grease gun. Hollywood, are you listening?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner