Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The Monolith Monsters" from 1957

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I watched that on "Svengoolie" the other night. It was a hoot. Actually the special effects were quite well done considering the budget and the year made. Loved that Plymouth Fury droptop the doc was sporting as well. Glad it didn't git "monolithed" during the shooting.

Worf

There's far worse ways to spend a Saturday night than grabbing a six pack and watching Svengoolie. There's far better, too, but they cost a lot more.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Act One, 1963, with George Hamilton in biopic of Moss Hart. Written, produced, and directed by Dore Schary. It seemed to drag a little and some of the dialogue sounded stiff.

Much better was the original Angels in the Outfield, 1951, with Paul Douglas as the...er, ah... "salty" manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates, and Janet Leigh as a reporter. Cameos by Joltin' Joe, Ty Cobb, and Bing Crosby, part-owner of the Pirates. We enjoyed it very much~

Act One, 1963, with George Hamilton in biopic of Moss Hart. Written, produced, and directed by Dore Schary. It seemed to drag a little and some of the dialogue sounded stiff.

Much better was the original Angels in the Outfield, 1951, with Paul Douglas as the...er, ah... "salty" manager of the Pittsburgh Pirates, and Janet Leigh as a reporter. Cameos by Joltin' Joe, Ty Cobb, and Bing Crosby, part-owner of the Pirates. We enjoyed it very much~

Agreed on both, "Act One" dragged in too many spots. "Angels in the Outfield" walks the line of fantasy really well - it adds to the story, brings in a feel-good whimsy, but doesn't overwhelm the characters. Also, Douglas and Leigh have great chemistry (and not two actors I would have thought to put together romantically).

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Westward The Woman" - "Wild Bill" Wellman at his best. One of the best "non-traditional" westerns ever made. Great acting, crackling dialog and solid action. You could do much worse.

Worf

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Railway Man. Eric Lomax (played by Colin Firth) and his wife Patti (Nicole Kidman) lived just up the road from me. Many of the scenes shot in Northumberland are very familiar. A very sad story. How many of those soldiers coming home from the Far East were just forgotten about and left to fight the war inside their heads forever...

Just watched the trailer for 'The Railway Man'. Familiar with the story. Not sure I would feel comfortable watching it..yet would like to see it. Looks like superb acting and a well done production.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points