Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Slap Shot
I watched this again a year ago, because my wife had never seen it.
Great movie, hard language at times, but I love the story.
Like it's a shock, all three "Hanson" brothers played in the World Hockey League, now defunct I'm sure.
Newman of course knew how to skate, and as fate would have it, he got the part and not Peter Strauss (who broke his leg in auditions).

I watched this again a year ago, because my wife had never seen it.
Great movie, hard language at times, but I love the story.
Like it's a shock, all three "Hanson" brothers played in the World Hockey League, now defunct I'm sure.
Newman of course knew how to skate, and as fate would have it, he got the part and not Peter Strauss (who broke his leg in auditions).

I have watched it a few during the past few years. It is one of my favorite sports movies mostly because of the Hanson brothers.
:D

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have watched it a few during the past few years. It is one of my favorite sports movies mostly because of the Hanson brothers.
:D
Most certainly.
The trivia section on IMDB (for the movie) states
According to David Hanson (during a Q&A on his 2008 book tour) much of the Hanson brothers' on screen antics were unscripted and improvised on the set. For example the toys in the hotel room were the Carlson brothers' own.
For a film that was originally going to be a documentary, it did okay at $28 Million.

Messiah Of Evil (1973)

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Captain America: The First Avenger. If it wasn't WWII, I would have turned it off in the first ten minutes. I never was a comic book fan, only had one growing up.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Captain America: The First Avenger. If it wasn't WWII, I would have turned it off in the first ten minutes. I never was a comic book fan, only had one growing up.

Wow... Comics is right up there with bubblegum, baseball cards, roller skates and "Mister Softee" Ice Cream. Where you from Lower Slobovia? It was a rite of passage in my time.

Worf

Worf, based on your recommendation, I have now watched the first half of "Red River," but have not yet had time to get back to see the end (this annoying thing called work keeps getting in the way). I will post comments once I've seen it in full.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo