Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

L.A. Confidential (1997)

Great movie!

I had heard of it before, but never thought one way or another about it. But, today, a neighbor brought over the DVD, along with a couple of others. We put the movie in after dinner and were very pleasantly surprised. Again, I think that it's an excellent movie.

- Ian

It, not Titanic, should have won Best Picture. The book is so much different, but both are very entertaining.
:D

cw3pa

A-List Customer
Had to lighten up a little, so went with the Coen brothers last night. "O Brother Where art Thou?" (2000). An odyssey through Mississippi in the '30s. Quite a cast of characters.

The Paper Chase (1973)

Good movie!

- Ian

Agreed. Houseman does an outstanding job as does the kid who played the key student. They capture the feel of the fear and competition of that world well. And it never hurts to have a young Lindsay Wagner as the love interest who also amps up the risk by being the prof's daughter. I put this one in the same category as "Love Story" in the early 70s, preppy movies.

Last edited:
Saw "The Creature Walks Among Us" on Svengoolie last night. I had never seen this one before, and, although not necessarily the most fitting end for the creature, plotwise it was best of the three "Black Lagoon" features, I felt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80