Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

cw3pa

A-List Customer
Some vintage Alfred Hitchcock last night. "Murder!" (1930) with Herbert Marshall, and "Number Seventeen" (1932). Interesting to compare these early works with later movies such as "Rebecca" (1940) and "Suspicion" (1941) when Hitchcock didn't have the same budgetary constraints.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I do not think even MST3K could make this watchable. I did, somehow, see it all the way through, but it's awful. Because it's based on Jules Verne story you think it might be worth a watch, but nooooo.....
What's odd about this movie (looked it up) is one of the major writers for the screenplay, did a lot of Three Stooges shorts (in the 40's).
It could have easily been a comedy as he was geared for that, but a sci-fi?
Not without Bert I Gordon you don't! :D As for the Rifftrax guys, I can't really say about this movie. However, there are places you can send them suggestions for movies, so they might take it on if enough people ask. Right now they are doing newer ones, Sharknado being the newest. Next month Godzilla from 1998 in the theaters, check your local listing...

Attack of The Puppet People (since Mr. Gordon was mentioned). The Rifftrax version.
Really funny....

Love the sound track!!! Great music!
I couldn't agree more. O Brother, Where Art Thou? was one of the few soundtracks I bought before I'd seen the movie; what I'd heard in the trailers convinced me. It's also one of those rare examples when every song in the movie (except one) is on the soundtrack, and they're in the order in which you hear them in the movie.

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Only thing I can criticize about it is that the ending seemed rushed. Like they ran out of film and had to end it like NOW.
This story would make for an interesting modern remake I think, with the right cast and all. Maybe get Quentin Tarantino to do it?? ;)

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've seen Dudes

dvro5e.jpg

..there's something about a punk-rock western that appeals to me. :D

rjb1

Practically Family
I'd like to offer a dissenting view on "Twelve Angry Men". I remember watching it years ago and liking it, but a more recent viewing left me disappointed.
It's likely because I have seen so many real trials (OJ, George Zimmerman, etc.), and fictional ones (Law& Order, etc.), plus having served as a juror on several trials, but the idea of a juror introducing his own exculpatory evidence in the jury room is beyond belief.
Instant mistrial... Things would stop dead at that point - as does my willing suspension of disbelief. My interest and good feeling about the movie just can't be sustained.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925