Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
The Two Mrs. Carrolls (made in 1945, released in 1947) with Bogie, Barbara Stanwyck, Alexis Smith, Nigel Bruce, and some other folks. Sort of noir and thriller combo. The consensus was that we didn't care for it all that much.
The Reformer and the Redhead (1950) with Dick Powell and June Allyson, who were then a married couple. David Wayne as the sidekick. Parts of the dialogue are witty and there's some great wisecracks. Other parts seem belabored. But, hey, any movie that also has Tor Johnson and Jerry Paris in it is worth a look.

rjb1

Practically Family
One thing that helps the "atmosphere" of "Casablanca" is that a number of the people involved really were fugitives from the Nazis.

Feraud

Bartender
Watched a very good German film from 2010 called Snowman's Land. It's about two hitmen sent to the Carpathian mountains to help a crime boss. The boss's wife is accidentally killed and... I won't spoil it for anyone. It's currently on Netflix.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Realized I wasn't specific enough. Your thoughts on the TV show "Manhattan" are needed on that thread, as well as, on the "He Chose the Wrong Woman Thread" and on the favorite TV thread there's been a great discussion of "Hell on Wheels" going on where your contribution would be great (although, I don't remember if you watch that show or not).

Sorry I've been "MIA". Been getting the boy ready for college. His SECOND try (long sorry story... don't ask or I WILL start drinkin') and the ole ladies been binge watching "The 4400" which I'm less than enamoured with.

I'll be back in the saddle soon... Trust me!

Worf

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
How peaceful do you want to keep the homestead Worf?
You could look up the series and tell your wife how the 4400 ends. :D
We started watching that program and then it kind of took a detour.
Honestly I don't even remember the ending, like it matters. :D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
How peaceful do you want to keep the homestead Worf?
You could look up the series and tell your wife how the 4400 ends. :D
We started watching that program and then it kind of took a detour.
Honestly I don't even remember the ending, like it matters. :D

Ahem.... ahem ah say.... I'm still watching it WITH her... but tomorrow I'm taking a break and watching "The Great Dictator". I saw a nice documentary on it on TCM when I got home.... "The Tramp and The Dictator" I think it was called. Amazing to think that Charlie Chaplin WENT to Nazi Germany before hostilities broke out and he was met by throngs of adoring fans... And the real kicker is that Adolph watched the film at least TWICE!!!! Whodathunkit?

Worf

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Finally saw Rush! Poor Hunt was doomed to die young. We did not get much of the back story back then, I only remember Lauda coming back with his horribly disfigured face, so naturally I pulled for him. It was a big treat to wait for Wide World Of Sports to televise a race, now, it's no big deal with 24-7 racing channels!

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I have watched 'West Side Story' many times but tonight was the first time I've seen it in a cinema.

Truly the greatest musical of all time and one of the best films ever.

Believe it or not... it's one of my "never seen its".

Worf

There might be a separate thread here: "High-profile / classic movies one's never seen"

I will admit (with some embarrassment) that I've never seen all of "West Side Story" as I am always bored out of my mind when I try. It's not because it's a stylized musical - I love "The Sound of Music" and like "Singin' in the Rain." There is just something about the style of the movie that I can't engage with, at all. I've tried at least five times.

I have others - would this make a good thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats