Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Zombie_61 - how does the shark look today on the big screen - scary or cheesy?
I don't think any devout fans of Shark Week will be fooled into thinking it's a real shark, but in my opinion it's more realistic than any of the CG sharks I've seen in recent movies...or in any of Jaws' sequels, for that matter. :D Jaws is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I was pleased to hear the audience respond appropriately, i.e. they laughed at the funny parts, screamed at the scary parts, and were dead quiet during Quint's "U.S.S. Indianapolis" story; still effective after all these years.

...And love that you saw it at the same theatre when it first came out.
Me too. I've seen a lot of movies in that theater over the years, and I have a lot of good memories (even when the movies weren't too good).

I don't think any devout fans of Shark Week will be fooled into thinking it's a real shark, but in my opinion it's more realistic than any of the CG sharks I've seen in recent movies...or in any of Jaws' sequels, for that matter. :D Jaws is one of my all-time favorite movies, so I was pleased to hear the audience respond appropriately, i.e. they laughed at the funny parts, screamed at the scary parts, and were dead quiet during Quint's "U.S.S. Indianapolis" story; still effective after all these years.

Me too. I've seen a lot of movies in that theater over the years, and I have a lot of good memories (even when the movies weren't too good).

"Jaws" makes my top ten list despite any criticism I might take. I'm glad to hear the audience responded that way. Quint's speech scared me to death at age 11 and still does.

Ghostsoldier

Call Me a Cab
Fury (2014)

fury-header.jpg

Rob

Django Unchained. Quentin Tarantino rides again. :eusa_clap

Not as good as "Inglorious Bastards," but yes, the man makes impressive movies. I caught about a half an hour of "Pulp Fiction" the other day and it reminded me of how insanely talented he is.

In "Django Unchained" the coach with the silly, oversized bouncing tooth is fantastic - classic Tarantino: an over-the-top effect that shouldn't work but does, somehow he knows when and how to push the envelope.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"The House That Dripped Blood" - Grade "C" Hammer from 1970. Oh those fashions!!!! Episodic popcorn muncher. Not on the level of "Tales From The Crypt" or "Creepshow" but better'n no horror at all!

Worf

cw3pa

A-List Customer
In keeping with the Holloween spirit "Play Misty for Me" (1971). Predates "Fatal Attraction" by 16 years. I've been to dinner at the Sardine Factory long ago. Very plush and the bill is not for the faint of heart. The story moves along pretty well, and Evelyn is really scary. I would certainly hate to be in Dave's shoes.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
"The House That Dripped Blood" - Grade "C" Hammer from 1970. Oh those fashions!!!! Episodic popcorn muncher. Not on the level of "Tales From The Crypt" or "Creepshow" but better'n no horror at all!

Worf
I agree, not Hammer's best effort, but still good.
We have several old ones on the DVR, but the wife works late on Friday night, so Halloween's movies will be delayed until tomorrow. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran