Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Just watched The Clock and now I'm watching Strangers On a Train. Robert Walker was so terrific - played such drastically different characters in both films. So sad that he died at such a young age.

Just watched The Clock and now I'm watching Strangers On a Train. Robert Walker was so terrific - played such drastically different characters in both films. So sad that he died at such a young age.

I've seen both ("The Clock" is worth watching for all the fantastic shots of NYC Penn Station alone) and think he does creepy better than good guy.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
"Alive Inside" - A superb documentary of a man using I-pods and headphones to bring dementia and Alzheimer's patients back to life, even if for a little bit. Absolutely amazing and the ending will bring tears to your eyes.... A must see for any Baby Boomers.

Worf

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Call Northside 777.

First time I saw James Stewart in a movie (I know, it's crazy) What a great actor. Very natural. I was also impressed by Richard Conte who plays a wrongfully convicted man here. Quite a different role from the crime lord I saw in The Big Combo.

This movie has a lot of forward motion. Almost every scene leads to a new development. Very nicely done.

Call Northside 777.

First time I saw James Stewart in a movie (I know, it's crazy) What a great actor. Very natural. I was also impressed by Richard Conte who plays a wrongfully convicted man here. Quite a different role from the crime lord I saw in The Big Combo.

This movie has a lot of forward motion. Almost every scene leads to a new development. Very nicely done.

Well, now all you need to do is to see:

"Made for Each Other"
"The Mortal Storm"
"The Shop Around the Corner"
"The Philadelphia Story"
"The Man Who Knew Too Much"
"Rear Window"
"Vertigo"
"Bell, Book and Candle"
"Anatomy of a Murder"

and you be up to speed on one of my favorite actors. He's one of those actors who is always Jimmy Stewart in whatever roll he plays (no method acting going on here), but it works wonderfully somehow. And the man can dress and it comes through in many of those movies.

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
^ "It's a Wonderful Life"
"Mr. smith Goes to Washington"
"The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance"

The list goes on and on.

Well, now all you need to do is to see:

"Made for Each Other"
"The Mortal Storm"
"The Shop Around the Corner"
"The Philadelphia Story"
"The Man Who Knew Too Much"
"Rear Window"
"Vertigo"
"Bell, Book and Candle"
"Anatomy of a Murder"

and you be up to speed on one of my favorite actors. He's one of those actors who is always Jimmy Stewart in whatever roll he plays (no method acting going on here), but it works wonderfully somehow. And the man can dress and it comes through in many of those movies.

Well........that should keep me busy through the weekend :)

Edward

Bartender
They Live, a 1988 masterpiece which still seems worryingly relevant!

Intending to see the new Man from Uncle film on Monday - half priced night at our local cinema.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Some of the guys were watching Battleship in the wardroom. I walked in maybe 20 minutes into the film. I saw Rihanna. She spoke. I left.

I recall when this was coming out suggesting it would likely be total arse gravy, or words (belonging to Stephen Fry) to similar effect.

Turns out, I was correct.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Some of the guys were watching Battleship in the wardroom. I walked in maybe 20 minutes into the film. I saw Rihanna. She spoke. I left.

I recall when this was coming out suggesting it would likely be total arse gravy, or words (belonging to Stephen Fry) to similar effect.

Turns out, I was correct.

I agree! When I first heard Battleship and U571 were coming out, I pictured entirely different movies, was I disappointed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass