Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Spent the afternoon previewing "The Extra Man," which starts a split-week run tomorrow. One of the most laugh-out-loud hilarious movies I've seen all year -- and the role of a lifetime for Kevin Kline, who plays a character best described as an extraordinary cross between David Niven and Ignatius J. Reilly.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maj.Nick Danger said:
Inglorious Basterds,...a cool take on what could have happened in WW2 if,....

I have always been a Tarantino fan, and Inglourious Basterds remains one of my favorites of all time.

"Ah...attendez la creme." Chilling lol!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

Gort looks cheesier and cheesier as the years pass.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I don't know how I missed this when it was released in 2006.. I wish I'd seen it on the big screen

[YOUTUBE]bH6CoVlD5xc[/YOUTUBE]

Mr Eames

New in Town
CopperNY said:
"Brick" (2005)

a film noir style murder mystery set in a contemporary SoCal high school.

much better than it had any right to be. cinematography and dialogue were right on, without being pandering or cheesy.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0393109/

Ah yes a good film indeed. Joseph Gordon Levitt (JGL) is a superb actor. If you liked Brick, I would highly recommend Manic, and the excellent The Lookout.

The last film I watched was 2001: Space Odyssey. A brilliant and staggeringly seminal sci fi film. I still cannot believe it was made in 1968.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points