Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - crazy fun, would watch again.
agreed. My daughter bought it for herself on the w/e and we watched it again yesterday. Still good fun :)
On New Year's Eve, we watched Salt with Angelina Jolie. It kept me interested, but to tell you the truth, I was still disappointed.
Maybe it was because my expectations were so low going in, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. Possibly not one to buy but not a bad watch either.
Watched Napoleon Dynamite again. That movie never gets old.

I've watched it a couple of times, but I didn't find anything funny in the whole movie :(

me too. My kids love it - it leaves me flat. I thought it was just a Jon Heder thing, but he has been good in other things. So it must just be Napoleon Dynamite.

For something good in a similar vein, check out Gentleman Bronco. Now THAT was funny :)

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Just watched "Blues in the Night," that 1940's Warner Brothers' film noir musical--yes, film noir musical. Songs--including title song, by Arlen and Mercer. A must see.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Just watched "Blues in the Night," that 1940's Warner Brothers' film noir musical--yes, film noir musical. Songs--including title song, by Arlen and Mercer. A must see.

Yeah, that is odd; a musical Noir. Haven't seen it, but will try to. As I mentioned a few posts above, just finished watching Dark City, which almost falls into the "Musical Noir" categrory, due to all of the songs Lizabeth Scott lip-sync(h)s to...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The A-Team. LOVED it. I loved the show as a kid. The movie has been updated, of course, and it's not nearly as cheesy as the t.v. show. I'm a sucker for good action flicks, though.

Dan'l

Practically Family
I watched De Lovely over the weekend. It was the first time I had seen the movie; it’s about the Cole Porter story.
I loved the clothes that the guys and gals were wearing throughout the movie. The cinematography was also very good, which to me can make or break a movie.
Tonight, we may be watching The Cotton Club. I’ve seen this one before but it’s been a while.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
Is that the movie where a guy is trying to get a woman to have a nervous breakdown, and this skull keeps popping up in doorways or corners of rooms? It's been a very long time since I watched it (I think I have the DVD somewhere) but as I recall it was horrible! :lol:

Cheers,
Tom

Well boo to Tom and Wally....I liked the movie! Though, I'm fond of old cheesy flicks and B movies!
X
BD

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I went to the theater (for once) and watched True Grit. Great movie, but I had trouble with the way that they all talked. Stilted and they kept using big words, which I found odd for cowboys...

I also bought and watched "The Quick and the Dead" with Sam Elliot. It is also a damn good movie.

Later

Auron

New in Town
I saw Watchmen on HBO. The first time watching it, I was floored. The second time, I was bored. I still don't know what to think of it.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
I recently acquired Netflix and as my first film I watched the Iron Giant. What a great film, and it is animated! The time period setting, the emotional investment of the characters and the jokes... everything is great about this movie and it is a wonder that I do not own it.

A coincidence, here: when we got the Netflix thing the very first downloaded movie was Iron Giant. Fun fluffy family flick.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Man, I want to see that film...Are there a lot of shots of L.A.? Weird thing is, although it takes place around what is obviously Union Station, Los Angeles, I've seen from a short clip that the film also shows elevated train stations (from Chicago), something which L.A. didn't have at the time. Yes, those tunnels still exist, just that their "mouths" have been covered. The old Belmont station tunnel (connecting Union-Pico with Glendale) was, for many years visible, cordoned off by a wire fence. I was many times tempted to hop said fence and venture inside, but didn't feel like setting myself up for a head-bopping by some local gang. It now is covered up by an apartment complex, but there is part of it which (if memory serves me) is still visible.

Y'know, I kept thinking that the Union Station setting was the Los Angeles station, but they kept throwing Chicago ephemera around, and the exposition shows a superimposed map over a shot of a train, showing stops like Bridgeport and Westhampton. It's a nameless Big City, puposely vague to invoke audience identification no matter where it's shown.

edit: PS, I got it from Netflix...

VitaminG

One of the Regulars
Ricky Gervais' "The Invention of Lying." Very, very, funny and inventive (if you like RG).

coincidentally, watched that last night too. It seems that not only can they not lie, they also can't self-censor! They seem able to show compassion but feel no compulsion to stop themselves saying hurtful things.

It had it's moments. Not a bad film, but don't know that I would watch it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21