Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

MissMittens

One Too Many
They are both odd and eerie films. I first saw them on the Late Night Horror Double Bill on BBC2 when I was about 12 with my best friend. We were sleeping on her couch and were both half asleep when they were on and that added to the dreamlike quality they already have.

I miss BBC1 and 2..........I learned a lot from the OU in the early hours of the AM. I never liked ITV or Channel4..

W-D Forties

Practically Family
I really miss Late Night Horror Double Bill.
It was an education in good (and bad) horror. It was a real cinematic education and covered everything from Nosferatu and the classic horrors, through Hammer and the daft 50's creature features to the modern. Seeing The Wicker Man on late night BBC (I think it was), was the reason I never went back to church - I sided with Chris Lee and the paganists (and have ever since!)

I have lobbied the BBC for it's return, with no avail. Sigh.

Black Dahlia

Call Me a Cab
I really miss Late Night Horror Double Bill.
It was an education in good (and bad) horror. It was a real cinematic education and covered everything from Nosferatu and the classic horrors, through Hammer and the daft 50's creature features to the modern. Seeing The Wicker Man on late night BBC (I think it was), was the reason I never went back to church - I sided with Chris Lee and the paganists (and have ever since!)

I have lobbied the BBC for it's return, with no avail. Sigh.

I love the original 'The Wicker Man' - classic!
X
BD

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Last night, Iron Man II. The plot was thin but the action was a lot of fun. I think they could have developed Mickey Rourkes character a whole lot better. I really want one of those battle suits, Heck I'd settle for a drone to play with.:D

Cheers!

Dan

Harp

I'll Lock Up
The Red Violin (1998)

Antonio Stradivari crafted a violin in 1720 at his Cremona, Italy workshop.
After the instrument sold, it 'disappeared' for over two hundred years,
before purchase by the Mendelsohhn banking family, descendants of
composer Felix Mendelsohhn.
Dubbed "The Red Mendelsohhn" because of its distinctive patina, the violin
subsequently auctioned for $1,700,000; bid by violinist Elizabeth Pitcairn.
Canadian director Francois Girard's film The Red Violin is a fictional
tale of the instrument's mysterious travel through time.
A fantastic film--currently being passed around the Office--all the gals love it,
though not a 'chick flick' guys-check it out.:violin::):popcorn:

Dapper Dave

Familiar Face
Wild boys of the road. It was released in 1933 one of the better movies I have seen. It really gives you an idea of what it was like growing up in the 30s. I would have done the samething as them if I was a kid in the 30s. Only difference I would move to Los Angeles instead of New York better climate for train hopping in California :)

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Casablanca... yet again.

And also there is antoher short film I have watched recently... I will link the website where I first saw the film... http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48033

The article, written By Harry Knowles of Aintitcool, is in regards to the recent Arizona shootings, but it also has another message and the video at the end is truly fantastic. Enjoy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick