Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Kirk H.

One Too Many
Brother Orchid (1940), a gangster film staring Edward G. Robinson and Humphrey Bogart, but Robison plays a gangster who sees the light so to speak. A very good movie.

Kirk H.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
[video=youtube;ICofMFvcAMY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICofMFvcAMY&feature=related[/video]

The Good

Call Me a Cab
The James Bond movie, The Man With the Golden Gun. It was actually an entertaining Bond film, and I'm not sure why it gets lumped down in the bottom alongside the likes of Die Another Day, and Diamonds Are Forever. I'm not gonna lie though, I actually liked the safari shirt/suits that Roger Moore wore in that film.

Next up, Goldfinger!

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
[video=youtube;j-4iHdadfpI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-4iHdadfpI&feature=related[/video]

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I just finished watching Goldfinger, the third James Bond film. I had seen The Man With the Golden Gun the night before, and I've gotta say that Goldfinger was just the superior film; the acting, Sean Connery, the villains, the plot... I enjoyed watching both though. I'm going to continue with watching the rest of the Moore Bond era for a while. Hopefully before the end of the summer, I'll be able to reach the Brosnan era at least, if not finish watching all Bonds entirely.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Goldfinger was my favorite Bond flick.

[video=youtube;0kjpLRHmZiU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kjpLRHmZiU[/video]

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Midnight in Paris, the new Woody Allen film. I didn't like it as much as Match Point, or even Scoop, but it's definitely worth a look because it's a still a good film with a good story and fairly well developed theme. As for the characters, they are all top drawer - the guy playing Hemingway really nails him, just boom, right on the head, and the whole scene with Dali is hilarious. In case you haven't heard about it yet, the protagonist goes on nightly time travels back to the 1920s, so the subject matter is definitely Lounge material and the suits, it's worth seeing just for those. Actually it's worth seeing just for Dali's dark three piece.
Dali felt real. Hemingway felt Audio-Animatronic. Of course the real Hem was a machine, but at least he was a human one.

Notice that TV Catalunya had a hand in the production? Does this explain the presence of all the Spaniards? Only Picasso was really needful to the storyline. Dali was color and Buñuel and Belmonte just walk-ons.

In general I liked this, contrived as it was. It's classic Allen in that no one has any self-awareness or free will. Except Wilson, at the very end - I suppose Woody's getting soft. And when was the last time you saw a young, lovely female selling antiques? Especially 78s?!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner