Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Almost over.
The Butler did it, what a swerve! :eusa_doh:
I'll do a review after the credits roll.

Turned out really well.
My wife and I had the secret leader figured out midway through the film, but wanted to see how it turned out.
Really a good film!

Last edited:

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
We watched for the second time (first in the theatre, last night on DVD) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (part 1), to re-cap as we're planning on seeing part 2 shortly.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
Just watched "I, Madman" starring Jenny Wright. Getting ready to watch "Body Double", a DePalma flick starring Craig Wasson and Melanie Griffith. I guess it's an '80's kind of night.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Just watched "I, Madman" starring Jenny Wright. Getting ready to watch "Body Double", a DePalma flick starring Craig Wasson and Melanie Griffith. I guess it's an '80's kind of night.

Years ago I stumbled upon the mall where part of Body Double was filmed; don't recall exactly where it was, but I think maybe around Century City, which is not far from Beverly Hills [huh]. Odd film, especially the shots over which the ending credits are superimposed (vampiric motifs and all).

Dated Guy

Familiar Face
The wifely woman and I sat down and watched the 1950's film 'Sunset Boulevard' last night. Amazing storyline, very oddly portrayed by all the actors/actresses. Gloria Swanson is brilliantly exciting, plus cameos by all manner of folk. We didn't know what to expect with this film, so it was a complete surprise. I will watch it again soon....

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
True Grit (2010) - I normally don't like Westerns but this was brilliant - loved every moment of it (even if I had to strain to make out what Jeff Bridges was saying most of the time).

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched Source Code last night. It was very good, the same director made the movie Moon which was interesting and had a similar twist to it.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Bamboo House (1954) with Robert Stack and a later appearance by Deforest Kelly.
I was surprised at how good it was.

If you have the dvd, check out the commentary track; there's some wild undertone stuff going on. I raved about this about a year (?) ago. Robert Ryan is amazing as the psycho-creepy control freak ringleader. Stack seems to not know who his character is.

DNO

One Too Many
All Quiet on the Western Front (1930). An exceptional film, well deserving of the Oscar for best film. I understand that someone is working on yet another remake. They're going to have quite a challenge to top this 1930 version.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Introduced the Mister to Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on Friday. Love Sam Rockwell in this!

Saturday we both watched Hollywood Musicals, the 1950's that I found at my local library. With watching it, looks like we can glean a few dance steps to add to our repertoire!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Wally, Robert Stack did seem a bit lost didn't he?
What's funny is that his voice is exactly the same as it was in Airplane, which was 1980.
The movie was okay, but a bit slow at times for me.

Feraud

Bartender
If you have the dvd, check out the commentary track; there's some wild undertone stuff going on. I raved about this about a year (?) ago. Robert Ryan is amazing as the psycho-creepy control freak ringleader. Stack seems to not know who his character is.
Agreed. The commentary adds interesting depth to the film.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Saw 2 Ernst Lubitsch movies this week.

Ninotchka, with Greta Garbo (1939)
Great movie about some russian communist in paris. Love garbos dry comments. Of course capitalisms "wins" but quite some jokes are also critical about the western culture.

Heaven can wait (1943)
Well this was more light hearted comedy about a casanova kind of guy who still loves his wive. Whatever. Maybe without the high expectations I got from watching Ninotchka I would have enjoyed it more.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Bullets Over Broadway (1994)

I'd only seen bits of this film in the 17 years(!) since it was released and while I've never cared for John Cusack in all that '80s junk he's done, I do like him as a Woody stand in (as well as in Woody's earlier Shadows and Fog). But the film belongs to Chazz Palminteri and Dianne Wiest, who swipe every scene they're in. Rob Reiner is also good in a small role. The set design and costumes are tremendous, as is the use of period music, an Allen trademark. BoB's seven Oscar nominations were spot on, though it should've been nominated for Best Picture, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR