Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

I watched The Getaway with Steve McQueen and Ally McGraw last night. I wasn't that impressed in many ways. I did llike the whole bank robbers having martial problems thing. Since it was a Sam Pekinpaw movie, I wasn't expecting a happy ending for McQueen.

I also went to the theater to see Cowboys and Aliens. I liked it a lot better. Harrison Ford's take on the bad old rich range owner was really pretty cool, almost to the John Wayne in "McClintock" way..

Later

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
Went with the Mr. and my two teens Saturday night to see Cowboys and Aliens. He and I talked about the movie a bunch the next day. Decided that the character I liked best and thought most believable in his role was Sam Rockwell as "Doc".

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Hi

I watched The Getaway with Steve McQueen and Ally McGraw last night. I wasn't that impressed in many ways. I did llike the whole bank robbers having martial problems thing. Since it was a Sam Pekinpaw movie, I wasn't expecting a happy ending for McQueen.

I also went to the theater to see Cowboys and Aliens. I liked it a lot better. Harrison Ford's take on the bad old rich range owner was really pretty cool, almost to the John Wayne in "McClintock" way..

Later

Apart from the fact that I like science fiction and westerns, Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig starring together are the main reason I would be interested in watching the film. From some comments here, Loungers like it. Would you say that their acting was good here? The film isn't supposed to be a masterpiece or anything, but do Craig and Ford act believably for their roles?

True Grit 2010. The young girl did and excellent job, and Bridges was great as the grizzled old marshal. Pretty violent, but that's the Old West for you. I loved the dialogue and the subtle humor, typical of the Coen brothers. Interesting contrast with the old version, I like both however.

george

New in Town
The Sound and the Fury, which was on TCM last night. I've never read the book, but I heard the movie doesn't resemble it much. The movie was alright.

I'm more excited about what they're playing today/tonight. Because I can't be watching now and later in the evening, I've set The Big Sleep, The Maltese Falcon, and Sahara to be recorded so I can watch them later. Yes, today they're doing a bit of a Humphrey Bogart special on TCM, haha (though Casablanca will be shown at a later date).

Marla

A-List Customer
The Effect of Gamma Rays On Man-In-The-Moon Marigolds (1972). The '70s are really winning me over with their movies.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Apart from the fact that I like science fiction and westerns, Harrison Ford and Daniel Craig starring together are the main reason I would be interested in watching the film. From some comments here, Loungers like it. Would you say that their acting was good here? The film isn't supposed to be a masterpiece or anything, but do Craig and Ford act believably for their roles?

Hi, Craig was believable as someone who didn't remember anything. Like I stated in the previous post, Ford transformed from a grizzly cattle baron who hated everyone, killed anyone that irritated him, and universally scared the crap out of everyone, to a grizzled, kindly old guy with morals and who helped little kids. Well, helping little kids was kind of odd, but still there.

This is supposedly Harrison Ford's last chance to be a movie star (again?) according to one of the critics. This guy thinks he's finished. I think he made it. His movies have never really been Oscar type movies anyway, but then I'm still torqued that Smoky and the Bandit wasn't even nominated... :D

The main character who was unbelievable was Olivia Wilde, but then she's not entirely on the up and up so maybe she did fine.

Later

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I have to agree with you Marla. My wife and I have gone back through IMDB looking for movies we've never seen, based on the director or actor(s). Right now were into Hammer Horror pics, unless MST3K has done a 70's flick then we've got to see it. Love the music and the styles.

JWS34

New in Town
I watched Zelary, a Czech film set in WW2 period. A young lady with connections to the resistance in Prague is forced to marry a lumber mill worker in a mountain village when her network is compromised and she is endangered by arrest. I have enjoyed the 3-4 Czech films that I have seen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley