Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Men Must Fight (1933) set in 1940 when another war breaks out. It's stage origins (and maybe budget constraints) limit us to folks talking about the war, with the exception of some scenes of The Great War plane crashes and a special-effects set piece of enemy planes bombing New York City.

And The Lone Wolf in London, with Gerald Mohr, radio's voice of Philip Marlowe. Eric Blore is along for comic relief.

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
The Inner Circle (Republic, 1946), with Adele Mara (nee' Adelaide Delgado), Warren Douglas, Ricardo Cortez (aka Jacob Krantz), William Frawley, Virginia Christine, and Will Wright (who plays "Dad" here and in The Blue Dahlia.) The plot is too messy to fully describe, but simply said it concerns a private dick (Douglas) who is led by his new secretary (Mara) into a murder mystery in which a mysterious, thickly veiled, Spanish-accented woman is the prime suspect. Bargain-basement production values, but good performances by Mara (whose parents were Spaniards, [and does that give some of the mystery away?]) a pre-I Love Lucy Frawley and (a tough, sultry) Christine ("Mrs. Folgers" to TV viewers). I have no idea where the title comes from, though...

Last edited:

Nathan

Familiar Face
Catch 22... It had been years since I'd seen it. I remember being disappointed by it when it first came out but this time I enjoyed it. Most likely because it's been forever since I read the book...

Edward

Bartender
When we saw that we were like "What the hell is going on?!" - I felt a little like I did when seeing Mullholland Drive for the first time. After checking out some info on it I think that I might enjoy it more the second time around.

I think it is one that bears repeated watching. I love its obliqueness. I don't care for the typical Hollywood fare that so over-expositions everything...

On a train this week re-watched Dead Snow and Shutter Island. Very different, both great. Changed my opinion on what happens at the end of the latter (also noticed a number of details I'd missed the last time).

12217463.jpg

Ian Fleming played Watson. :D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner