Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Skyfall on blu ray. We saw it in the theatre opening day, and ordered it pre-release to get it asap (it was sent in fact earlier than supposed to be - thanks!). As noted above, better on second viewing, and we can't wait for the next installment!

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Skyfall on blu ray. We saw it in the theatre opening day, and ordered it pre-release to get it asap (it was sent in fact earlier than supposed to be - thanks!). As noted above, better on second viewing, and we can't wait for the next installment!

I can't wait for the next one, either! It's like the stage is perfectly set - a new M (though I will dearly miss Judi Dench, one of my favorite actresses); Miss Moneypenny, and a Bond who is back, better than ever.

Feraud

Bartender
Zombie films are hit or miss with me but I saw a fun flick called Juan of the Dead.
The plot revolves around a couple of Cuban slackers who are stuck in the middle of what the government is describing as "political unrest". The humor, horror, and drama are all played just right in this film.
The tone (and title) is in the style of Shaun of the Dead. If you like that film (which I did) you should like this one. Check it out.

Last edited:

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
.... nevermind DC just signed for 3 more films.

Worf

Cool... DC is without doubt the best Bond ever, for me; so this is great news.

Sad Judy has gone, as she offered a wonderful and powerful, balance... even though Ralf will bring bring his great skill to the part, a powerful woman, such as JD brings much to testosterone filled movies, such as these.

As for my last film - 'Road To Perdition' which is one of my top five movies of all time.

I guess I am one of the silent majority that is glad to see a new M in charge. In reality, during WWII, Ian Fleming was essentially M for T-Force. He helped nurture it along and make it into the indispensable information gathering unit it was. I would like to see the new M be an Ian Fleming kind of character.

McMurdo

One of the Regulars
I too am glad there is a new M I also like the idea of a young Q and the addition of Moneypenny. All in all I really enjoyed Skyfall and like where the new Bond films are going. Though I wish they had used a Scotsman for the role of the Ghillie in Skyfall, say someone like Sean Connery.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
To%2520Kill%2520a%2520Mockingbird.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112