Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Right now I'm watching The House On 56th Street (1933) with Kay Francis for a second time. Yesterday I watched Trog (1970).

What was the last movie you watched?

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Last night, I watched the DVD of Key Largo. Nothing good is ever on TV on Saturday evenings, mother complained, so I got out my DVD collection and we watched that vintage film, from when my mother was still in her 20's.

I was seeing it for the second time, mother for the first. She enjoyed the film, especially the excellent cast: Bogart, Bacall, Edward G. Robinson, Claire Trevor, Lionel Barrymore.

Hard to believe she never saw these films, but father was a tight-wad and did not take her to many movies once they were married. Last week my 88-year-old mother saw Casablanca for the first time!

karol

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I watched The Lady Eve on Thursday night. I appreciate something new everytime I watch that film, and this time it was Eric Blore. Wonderful character actor. I took some screencaps of the suit Barbara is wearing at the races too--love that outfit.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Just finished projecting the matinee show for "The Golden Door," a lovely film about the turn-of-the-century immigrant experience. I wish Miramax hadn't sent us such a lousy print, because it really is a gorgeous movie. See it if it's playing near you.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Last night I watched 'Monster' (2003). A true story about a female mass murderer. I watched it to see Charlize Theron's Oscar-winning performance. Otherwise it's a pretty darned depressing film. The night before I watched her in 'North Country.' Talk about a versitile actress!

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My brother called to tell me that The Bourne Ultimatum is as good as French Connection II. And that he's selling his share of the house to me. :eusa_clap
I saw Home Town Story, with Alan Hale Jr, Marilyn Monroe and Hugh Beaumont who was uncredited. The planes, the clothes, the hats, the purses, the Main Street!!

Quigley Brown said:
Last night I watched 'Monster' (2003). A true story about a female mass murderer. I watched it to see Charlize Theron's Oscar-winning performance. Otherwise it's a pretty darned depressing film. The night before I watched her in 'North Country.' Talk about a versitile actress!

Great movie! I have the DVD.

I last watched Autumn Leaves with Joan Crawford and Cliff Robertson. I posted a review in another thread here.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
In the Theater: The Simpsons Movie, with my brother, on Wednesday evening. Very funny!

DVD: Mr. Wise Guy and Private Snuffy Smith. Yesterday, I found Masters of Comedy - The Ultimate Collection, Slapstick Greats DVD set with 33 comedy movies and shorts (six disc set) at Best Buy for twenty dollars.

On TV: Just finished Just Like Heaven, with Mark Ruffalo and Rene Zelwegger.

Lee

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I watched Little Miss Sunshine the other day on HBO. It's a cute flick with a decent cast, though Alan Arkin steals the film.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I watched The Shawshank Redemption (for about the umpteenth time) early this morning. I found this interesting bit a trivia that made me chuckle:

The American Humane Association monitored the filming of scenes involving Brooks' crow. During the scene where he fed it a maggot, the AHA objected on the grounds that it was cruel to the maggot, and required that they use a maggot that had died from natural causes. One was found, and the scene was filmed.

Edward

Bartender
In the cinema, it was a rerun of the biopic "The Notorious Bettie Page." I've barely been at the cinema in the past 12 months. :(

At home... I watched half of Jaws before I fell asleep late the other night. The last complete one I watched was.....uhm.... I think it might have been monster a coupel of weeks ago. I've been being sociable of late, meeting friend for theatre etc. Probably why I'm skint...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko