Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
I've been enjoying The Carole Lombard Glamour Collection. The last movies I watched were:

We're Not Dressing (1934)
Hands Across The Table (1935)

And I'm in the middle of:
Man Of The World (1931)

All quite enjoyable.

GeniusInTheLamp

One of the Regulars
The last movie I saw was my usual Saturday night movie (at 10:30, right after the news) - BEDAZZLED, the original with Peter Cook and Dudley Moore. A very funny movie.

My previous Saturday night movies: OUT OF THE PAST, THE OLD FASHIONED WAY, and BOOM TOWN.

Novella

Practically Family
Last movie I watched all the way through was Panic in the Streets (I love Richard Widmark!). I started to watch Kiss Me Deadly after, but it was too late last night and I fell asleep.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Edward said:
I really enjoyed that verison too. What it got that so many (the vast majority, actually - including also Shakespeare in Love) intepretations of Romeo and Juliet miss is that it's not about love at all - it's about teenage infatuation.

...or, as Brother Sloan said, "Romeo is in love with love." :)

Tommy Fedora

One of the Regulars
It was bad last night.
My wife made me sit through Dirty Dancing for the umpteenth time. I even said some lines besides " nobody puts baby in a corner " during the movie.
About half way through I started playing online poker as we watched the movie and lost some dough too ! lol

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
My Dog Skip.....Great movie, based on a true story, set in 1940's Mississippi. A great movie the whole family can enjoy, I highly recommend it!!!

Hondo

One Too Many
"Brazil" And "Saint Ralph" a surprisingly good 2005 Canadian film, about a boy entering the Boston marathon in 1954, catch it if you can, its funny and sad.
Great seeing Jennifer Tilly not doing another Chucky film, her part was sweet as a understanding nurse. ;)

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
I watched a New Zealand film called 'Once Were Warriors' last night. It was a bit disturbing as it dealt with domestic violence in a working class Maori family in present day Auckland. I believe it was the very first New Zealand film I've ever seen.

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Last night after my last post here I went and watched Nothing Sacred (1937). It was the best Carole Lombard film I've seen thus far!

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:

I will never get those minutes back.

LD
Those of us who have seen a Jim Carrey movie know exactly how you feel. My deepest condolences for your minutes...

The last film that I watched I gladly gave my minutes to: Pickpocket by Robert Bresson. Another wonderful Criterion Collection disc with many worthwhile extras.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne said:
Last night after my last post here I went and watched Nothing Sacred (1937). It was the best Carole Lombard film I've seen thus far!

Isn't it great? Tons of terrific quotes like "It's kind of startling to be brought to life twice - and each time in Warsaw!"

I think Fredric March is totally underrated too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112