Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
funneman said:
I've watched Barton Fink about a half dozen times. Great one!

I love Barton Fink--one of my favorites. I haven't seen it in awhile.

I'm expecting Sleepy Hollow and the 3rd disk of season 2 of the American version of The Office from Netflix today. I'm really enjoying The Office--good acting and writing with a nice mix of humor, cringe worthy moments and poignancy.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Last night I had the privilege of being the projectionist for a showing of a beautifully restored print of "The Mark Of Zorro," with Douglas Fairbanks -- accompanied by a live performance of the original score by the 12-piece Paragon Orchestra. If this group comes to your town -- *run*, do not walk, to see them. A *wonderful* movie experience for all ages.

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
It seems IFC show the best art films at 3 a.m. This morning was Lars von Trier's 1996 "Breaking the Waves.' His films are very difficult to get through (for me anyway) and even if it has a disturbing story to tell, it is a must for serious cinema lovers. It doesn't hurt that is stars Stellan Skarsgaard and Emily Watson either. Warning: strong sexual content.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
It was Sleepy Hollow for the first time last night for me. How did I miss this one all these years?

Very enjoyable, the look of the production being the most important character in the film. Great supporting cast with Michael Gambon, cameos by Martin Landau and Christopher Lee, Christopher Walken and the miraculous Miranda Richardson who completely stole the film in my opinion. Johnny Depp is just so pretty in those great frockcoats and he gave another fine performance. Lots of Steampunkish touches--goggles, tubes and vials, the interior of that fabulous windmill.

I listened to the commentary by Burton, which was meh. He talks a lot about his love of Hammer films, which can be clearly seen in the film. The short documentaries are well worth watching though.

I might well end up buying this one.

Josephine

One Too Many
I saw Transformers today, and I have to admit when they were under Hoover Dam I kept looking at all the old office/stuff that had been left there over time instead of what was happening action wise. :)

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Blood Work, with Clint Eastwood and Jeff Daniels. Surprisingly good, with Jeff Daniels almost stealing Clint's movie from him.

Recommended for those of you who haven't seen it. It's a good slow-paced whodunit, which builds up and isn't entirely farfetched.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
since I just moved to my apartment, I didn't get cable until yesterday, so I have been watching alot of old movies. "Love me or Leave me" with Doris Day & James Cagney, and "Pin Up Girls" with Betty Grable were the last two.

Both excellent films!!!!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
The Age of Innocence. It's flawed but I keep watching it! The clothes, set decoration and music are to die for.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Watched "Payback" with Mel Gibson last night which I thoroughly enjoyed. Although in a modern setting it was quite "Chandleresque" and film noir.

Recommend it entirely.

Feraud

Bartender
TCM previewed the not often shown Point Blank with Lee Marvin. I recently Netflix'd it but watched it again. A cool revenge flick.

Another film I watched is Champion with Kirk Douglas. A boxing flick with Douglas doing whatever it takes to become champion.

Edited to include Lonely Hearts as noted here.

poetman

A-List Customer
The last movie was last night: "I think I love my wife." I really don't find modern comedies to amusing--ever. I love Chris Rock's standup, but I'm never a big fan of modren comedy movies.

Last Golden Era: "Dead End," with a very young Humphrey Bogart. It was on sale at the local Borders for 10 bucks. Great movie!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The recent "Casanova" with Heath Ledger on a library DVD. Totally historically bogus and pretty weak, but watchable, and with nice costumes and sets (it was shot entirely on location in Venice, with a bit of CGI to make it look even more period, enlarge the crowd scenes, etc.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points