Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

katiemakeup

Practically Family
Last night I was watching "That's Entertainment 2" for the millionth time. (Actually I was more listening to it) That magic of MGM will never bore me!

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
The Holiday with Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn. It was charming and set between Christmas and New Year's, so the timing was perfect. :)

just_me

Practically Family
katiemakeup said:
Last night I was watching "That's Entertainment 2" for the millionth time. (Actually I was more listening to it) That magic of MGM will never bore me!
I just watched (actually listened to it lol ) That's Entertainment and That's Entertainment 2. I have TE III tivoed.

funneman

Practically Family
I've really been on a roll lately!

Maybe it's because I've been home a lot for the holidays but
recently I've watched:

It's a Wonderful Life-1948 (first time all the way through)
You can't Take it With You-1938
Dead Reckoning-1947
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty-1947
Holiday Inn-1942

All were excellent.

Also "Call of the Canyon"-1942

I love this kind of "modern day" Gene Autry western.
A strange mix of Cowboys and Gangsters.
Cars, Airplanes and Radio play a big part in this one.

Has anyone seen "Pot of Gold" with James Stewart and Paulette
Goddard from 1941? Is it any good?

Macheath

One of the Regulars
The sum of the square roots of any two sides of an isosceles triangle is equal to the

The Wizard of Oz, for the first time. I was a deprived child.

I watched it with my 12 year-old brother, who was kind enough to point out the discrepancies between the film and the book, which I gave him as a Christmas present last year.

16 yr old Judy Garland was simply a-dorable.

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
KY Gentleman said:
I watched "The Show Off" (1926). I love Louise Brooks and this is a good one.

She is absolutely beautiful. As a Philadelphian I was mesmerized by the shots in Logan circle with Broad st station of the pennsylvania railroad in the background. Scenes of him in front of city hall with yet a different angle of the PRR station (Frank Furness) in the back ground was like a time machine. Great restoration and real street scenes make silents more than an escape and much more than a reality they live and breathe. I on the other hand saw Benjamin Buttons. Crap, except for the cars, hats and tug under attack scene. Haven't watched it in several years. Thanks for the kick in the butt, best go get the film from the crypt.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
Dont Look Now

Contains Spoilers for "Don't Look Now."
Hemingway Jones said:
I have just seen the most intriguing film, and I need to ask if anyone else has seen it. It is "Don't Look Now" and it stars Donald Sutherland and Julie Christie. It's from 1973 and the majority of it was filmed in Venice, which is why I rented it.

This is such a creepy movie:eek: the creepiest bit for me is When Sutherland is on a motor Launch and sees his wife on another boat going to HIS FUNERAL!! Directed by Nicholas Roeg who directed david Bowie in "The Man Who fell to Earth" another movie to make you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKF5lHcJY9k

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
BinkieBaumont said:
Contains Spoilers for "Don't Look Now."

This is such a creepy movie:eek: the creepiest bit for me is When Sutherland is on a motor Launch and sees his wife on another boat going to HIS FUNERAL!! Directed by Nicholas Roeg who directed david Bowie in "The Man Who fell to Earth" another movie to make you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKF5lHcJY9k
I'm so glad you saw it. I'm going to watch it again this weekend. There is so much going on it that film. I'll definitely have to check out his other work.

Oh, and I just put a little not on your post to call your spoiler, on the off chance that someone else is interested in this film.

Brinybay

Practically Family
"Chariots of Fire". Second time I've watched it. Not because I particularly liked the movie. To the contrary, I wasn't real impressed with it when it first came out. Not because it was a bad movie, only that I'm more of an action/adventure/drama type of movie watcher. But this time around I looked at it with a new eye on vintage 20s fashions. In that respect, it was an eye-feast.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
"A Face in the Crowd" with Andy Griffith and one of my favorites, Patricia Neal (a Kentucky girl, you know). Andy was a handfull in this one.

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
Tonight was Gigi.

John in Covina, how is The Happening? I tend to like Shamalayn's (sp?) work, but I understand this is his first R film. Not too gory I hope??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany