Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Doubtful

Lady Day said:
I love movies where people question their faith. I think it is the most human subject that can be placed in film.
...Its a very quiet film, and you can tell its based off a play. A lot of static shots and scenes incased in one location. Its fantastic in what it does not say, until well after you know....
LD

A lovely review, LD. :)
I decided against the play after reading an Irish-American
interview with its author, John Patrick Shanley; whom I-admittedly
may have prematurely-dismissed as a flyweight hack riding shotgun
on the "scandals bandwagon." Will give Doubt a look. :)

Hondo

One Too Many
The Naked City

Caught The Naked City on TCM, and Speaking of Irish Americans, (if he was one) Barry Fitzgerald was great in the Naked City, It has everything you want in film noir style, city scenes, clothes the works in 1948, I enjoyed the play of words from all actors, it was great if not cool.
A must see movie ;)

just_me

Practically Family
Twentieth Century, which always cracks me up. Barrymore is so over the top funny and Rosco Karns and Walter Connolly were equally good. I really like Lombard, but I think she was overshadowed in this film. (The Broadway Musical On the Twentieth Century with John Cullum and Madeline Kahn was based on it.)

It was followed by a great Warner Bros. technicolor short from 1934 called Good Morning, Eve! with Leon Errol and June MacCloy. Very enjoyable!

funneman

Practically Family
Hondo said:
Caught The Naked City on TCM, and Speaking of Irish Americans, (if he was one) Barry Fitzgerald was great in the Naked City, It has everything you want in film noir style, city scenes, clothes the works in 1948, I enjoyed the play of words from all actors, it was great if not cool.
A must see movie ;)

This has been in my On-Demand cue for a month. I've watched is a dozen
times. Great movie. I love that undershirt Fitzgerald wears when he's making breakfast and singing the song about being Irish. Reminds me of the undershirt John Tuturro wears in Barton Fink.

The Naked City ends on 2/20. I have to watch it a least a dozen more times before it expires. :)

Norumbega

One of the Regulars
One of the nice things about vacation lies in catching up on movies if you're inclined. This morning, while lounging with my second cup of coffee, I sat down and watched, "Judgement at Nuremberg". What a cast!: Spencer Tracy, Marlene Dietrich, Richard Widmark, Burt Lancaster, Judy Garland, Montgomery Clift, William Shatner, Maximilian Schell, William Kemplerer......

Having viewed only snippets of this movie over the years, I was riveted to my seat as I watched it in it's entirety. It does produce many questions in my mind (the gift of exceptional film). Of them, two that arose were, the reaction of the German people when the movie was released in 1961, and obviously, one exhumed question which the film delves into......who knew what, and when, and how they acted accordingly. The pressure brought to bear on these presiding judges must have been phenomenal and I found myself wondering, were I in their shoes, what might I have decided.
As a member of a family who experienced the result of Hitlers grand design, it leaves me so many thoughts to ponder.

In the end, the only adequate thing for me to say is that that I was so very glad I watched this, this morning.

Panache

A-List Customer
"The Monolith Monsters" a childhood favorite.

Odd that I never noticed how battered up and oddly worn the geologists' hats are in the picture (The Fedora Lounge is obviously a bad influence! :) )

Cheers

Jamie

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
20th Century is one of my favorites too ("I close the iron door!")--I'm still hoping to see it on the big screen one day.

just_me said:
Twentieth Century, which always cracks me up. Barrymore is so over the top funny and Rosco Karns and Walter Connolly were equally good. I really like Lombard, but I think she was overshadowed in this film. (The Broadway Musical On the Twentieth Century with John Cullum and Madeline Kahn was based on it.)

It was followed by a great Warner Bros. technicolor short from 1934 called Good Morning, Eve! with Leon Errol and June MacCloy. Very enjoyable!

Frykitty

Familiar Face
Roxanne with Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah. This is the first time watching this move, and although it was really cheesy I liked it. The interesting thing about this flick to me is that it was filmed in my town. I own a house half a block from the fire hall Steve worked in.lol The movie is 20 years old but not that much has changed around here.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
robocop.jpg

LOVE this movie! :D
If the update gets done, Im curious to see if they will continue with Murphy (prolly not) or another cop.

LD

Cricket

Practically Family
I started watching the Million Dollar Mermaid last night on TCM. But my son started feeling bad so I had to turn it off when I wsa started to get into it. It made me wonder...were "swim" movies exremely popular at one time. I can recall seeing three other movies focused on swimmers, and they all seem to happen around the same time. Perhaps a movie around athletics was the note. Just wondering...by the way I cannot swim. Go figure why I am so into these movies. Perhaps wishful thinking. ;)

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Frykitty said:
Roxanne with Steve Martin and Daryl Hannah. This is the first time watching this move, and although it was really cheesy I liked it. The interesting thing about this flick to me is that it was filmed in my town. I own a house half a block from the fire hall Steve worked in.lol The movie is 20 years old but not that much has changed around here.

Is there really an "All Things Dead" store? :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner