Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

tbrunke

Familiar Face
Marcus said:
NETFLIX ROCKS!! I'm a recent convert.

Just watched "The One That Got Away".

The best part is we figured how to hook the laptop to the TV so we can watch the stuff they offer instantly on our TV.

I just figured out how to hook it up as well. My lady and I just watched:

"The English Patient" and
"Monkey Business"

I love Netflix as well!

tbrunke

Familiar Face
Barchetta52 said:
They Drive by Night with George Raft, Humphrey Bogart, and Anne Sheridan. Man, she was a real cutie.

I own this on DVD and love this movie. Yes, Ann Sheridan is a real hottie! Really steals the show from Ida Lupino.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
Red Dust

With Jean Harlow and Clark Gable. Harlow really had charisma. I wonder how many of her lines were scripted and how many were her own ad lib. They just seemed to naturally flow from her character. For 1932 this was a surprisinly well done flick.

Elaina

One Too Many
Ethan Bentley said:
Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus - starring Debbie Gibson.

That was 90 minutes wasted. :eusa_doh:

lol lol lol okay when I quit laughing so hard (just because I know the movie) I got to say it almost makes Uwe Boll great.

Kid and I saw G.I. Joe. We don't get to quite as many classics in the summer since a lot of our "quality" time is getting HIM films. Although we do have "The Quiet Man" for tomorrow.

Y'all are probably gonna think I'm such a pathetic loser "toy train* geek", but...

Dream/Plan/Build Video Series Special Project Edition: DCC From Start To Finish--something I gotta learn about fast if I'm gonna crack the throttles on my 20th Century Limited and commence debugging as soon as it arrives.

*To a serious scale modeler, especially a finescale model-railroader, this is a pet-peeve--toys are generally chunkier, less-accurate stuff built for kids and running around the Christmas-tree, as opposed to count-the-rivets-accurate models that are built and operated as close to their fullsize counterparts as technology and modeler's/operator's skill allow.

Edward

Bartender
Finally saw The ShawShank Redemption last night. Don't know how I've missed it all these years, but there you go. I loved the suits in the courtroom sequence. Even quite the fan of the workwear sported as prison uniform. Superb story, cast....everything was spot on, even has that rarest of beasts, an upbeat, Hollywood ending that I can believe in.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thats a film that whenever it comes on, I just cant do anything but watch it. Its just so close to perfect on every level.

The largest liberty taken is the jail wouldnt have been intergraded during the start of the film, but then we wouldnt of have Mr. Freeman playing Redd, so I say changing history for that bit, Ill let it slide ;)

LD

MinnieRose

Familiar Face
Netflix/xbox360

Also, if you have an xbox 360 in the house, you can stream through that. My son has watched a lot of shows that way.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
The Happening - definitely as bad as its reputation, if not worse. Pathetically awful dialog, no plot resolution, disturbing images but not scary... M. Night has officially lost it! Even Zooey Deschanel's performance was terrible, which I didn't think was even possible.

It actually makes the old 1967 The Happening - a lousy film - look good!

Lusti Weather

One of the Regulars
Blackthorn said:
With Jean Harlow and Clark Gable. Harlow really had charisma. I wonder how many of her lines were scripted and how many were her own ad lib. They just seemed to naturally flow from her character. For 1932 this was a surprisinly well done flick.

That's a great one! Harlow is just perfect in that movie. She's like the definition of sex appeal!

Last one I watched was In a Lonely Place. I've seen it so many times, but couldn't resist watching it again for TCM's Gloria Grahame day. No matter how many times I watch it, I never tire of it. Everything about it is just so spot-on.

Edward

Bartender
Lady Day said:
Thats a film that whenever it comes on, I just cant do anything but watch it. Its just so close to perfect on every level.

The largest liberty taken is the jail wouldnt have been intergraded during the start of the film, but then we wouldnt of have Mr. Freeman playing Redd, so I say changing history for that bit, Ill let it slide ;)

LD

Jinkies, I didn't query the aqpparent lack of expressed racism as I assumed they were all just considered 'all scum' by the (all white) guards, and maybe 'fellow outcasts' by themselves.... but it didn't occur to me that even prisons were segregated. When did that change - was it around the same time as education, in the mid sixties?

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
OOOH, that's a good one!!

Hey btw, you know that The Black Swan and The Mark of Zorro are coming to the Stanford Theater in Palo Alto next weekend (Friday through Monday), right??

Blackthorn said:

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
chanteuseCarey said:
OOOH, that's a good one!!

Hey btw, you know that The Black Swan and The Mark of Zorro are coming to the Stanford Theater in Palo Alto next weekend (Friday through Monday), right??
No, I didn't know that. Are you and Chuck going?

Antje said:
Jurastic Park #3
My condolences--the only thing, IMO, that got that one as far up from the depths of the qualitative cesspool as it ended up was the Stan Winston dinos' quality and the fact that Don Davis had to keep a few of John Williams' themes.

Started as a diehard fan on the first one--wore out the Collector's Edition on VHS:eek:--watched the Spielberg/Winston/Williams trinity barely keep the second from falling flat on its face, but the third was like "OMG, they actually thought they could sell this heap of bronto-crap?!" Reminds me of a line from the first movie, something about "and before you even knew what you had, you've patented it, and packaged it, and slapped it on a plastic lunch pail, and..."

----------------
Now playing: John Barry - Airbase Jailbreak
via FoxyTunes

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Present Laughter"

"A film of the stage production of 1981 starring Donald Sinden And Dinah Sheridan, Elizabeth Counsel does a splendid job as "Joanna" playing it in the style of Katherine Hepburn"

41TzDT9E4bL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy