What Was The Last Radio Program You Heard?

Discussion in 'Radio' started by LizzieMaine, Mar 22, 2015.

1. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

3fingers and Fading Fast like this.
  2. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

That's more like what I expected. The "Take It From Lizzie" section sounds neat. Do I remember the young woman pictured with your from past years or am I so old that all young kids look the same?

3. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

The gal with the glasses is Brittany, who's our bandleader, and the one at the mic with me is Galadria, who joined up with us last year as a box office attendant, concession kid, and highly-trained featured vocalist. The rest of the Kids who'll be in the show are off at school for the moment and missed the first runthru-- my number-one comedy sidekick, Liliana, is working on a BA and an MA in PoliSci simultaneously at UMaine,and is also one of the most naturally-talented radio comics I've ever worked with. And to think two years ago she'd never heard a radio show in her life.

Lili is the little one with the glasses who can't quite keep the tune in this video from last year, but she more than makes up for it with personality.

"Strandra" is our mascot, a small rubber duck in a baby bonnet who lives on the concession counter.

ChiTownScion likes this.
  4. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

⇧ that's fantastic. A great example of the performers' enthusiasm being contagious.

5. ChiTownScion

ChiTownScion One Too Many

I love these Theatre Kids/ life in MidCoast updates. You obviously are quite a remarkable mentor to these kids, Lizzie: something we all need in our youth.

LizzieMaine likes this.
  6. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

They're all good kids, and they keep me sane. Which is no small challenge.

This clip was shot by one of our patrons who was taking a film class -- and documents Lilita's last regularly-scheduled shift before she went off to school. Little did she realize that radio stardom awaited...

MissMittens likes this.
  7. MissMittens

MissMittens One Too Many

That's quite a concession stand!!

8. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

77412705_10156959678688246_6900895886319026176_o.jpg

The calm before the storm. Going on live tomorrow at 5pm Eastern!

3fingers likes this.
  9. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

And our latest "Strand On The Air" broadcast is available here!

ChiTownScion likes this.
  10. ChiTownScion

ChiTownScion One Too Many

Delightful!

11. Julian Shellhammer

Julian Shellhammer Practically Family

Not necessarily a radio broadcast, but Ogden Nash reciting two of his works, The Christmas That Almost Wasn't, and An Untold Adventure of Santa Claus. Real good stuff. Do not remember where I downloaded it from, but it's in the Christmas music playlist.

12. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up