Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

DNO

One Too Many
"The Wire"- Season 1, episodes 1,2 and 3. Curse you DNO!:D

Sorry BigFitz! But enjoy the addiction. I'm at a loss now that I've finished all five seasons. Tried switching over to something lighter...Blackadder or Little Britain. Didn't work. Now I'm thinking of Deadwood (haven't watched Season 3 yet) or maybe re-watching Rome.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Grimm...again.

405495_480690915274558_1020114160_n.jpg

Yes, apparently I watch lots of Grimm. :biggrin:

angeljenny

A-List Customer
Wartime Farm.

"In a new eight-part series, historian Ruth Goodman and archaeologists Alex Langlands and Peter Ginn take on their biggest challenge yet - to turn back the clock and run Manor Farm exactly as it would have been during the Second World War. They will face one of the biggest challenges ever seen in the history of the British countryside - what Churchill called ‘the frontline of freedom’."

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I spent the last three evenings watching the Metropolitan Opera's Ring Cycle. Holy schmoley. I saw that Das Rhinegold was on channel 13 starting on Tuesday night, and said to myself, "I'm not getting sucked into this!". So I watched the ballgame instead. But then Wednesday night, after the ballgame, I thought I'd check out the opera for a few seconds. Wham. I was hooked. So I saw the last act of Valkyrie, the whole of Siegfried on Thursday night, and finally last night, from 9PM till 1:45 in the morning, the final installment, Gotterdammerung.
Now I know opera is not for everybody, and Wagner is an acquired taste. But Oh my God. What a production. I read a few reviews on line, and I have to agree, there are some issues with this production. But still, oh my God. Or gods, as it were.
The good thing about watching opera in the comfort of your living room is that you can get up and restore circulation to your lower extremities when you need to. Not to mention eat and relieve yourself, etc. Helps when the show is 5 hours long.
So if you want to see something amazing, and think you have the endurance required, definitely check out the Metropolitan Opera's current production of Richard Wagner's Ring Cycle when it comes on, which it probably will several times in the next few weeks. And hook up your stereo to the TV if you can.

Has this been aired yet?

Wartime Farm.

"In a new eight-part series, historian Ruth Goodman and archaeologists Alex Langlands and Peter Ginn take on their biggest challenge yet - to turn back the clock and run Manor Farm exactly as it would have been during the Second World War. They will face one of the biggest challenges ever seen in the history of the British countryside - what Churchill called ‘the frontline of freedom’."

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Hammer's House of Horror from 1980 (on DVD). Love Hammer Studios stuff.
In keeping with the theme of this site, The Honeymooners Lost Episodes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto