Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Feronea

New in Town
I watched both seasons of Salem in an almost embarrassingly short amount of time! Someone has suggested a show called Outlander which will be the next series I check out.

Another episode of 2006 Dr Who. I am liking Rose's replacement Freema Agyeman more and more! Oh, exterminate, exterminate, exterminate! Those in the know, will get that joke.
I liked Freema Agyeman, but didn't care for her character Martha Jones. Most of The Doctor's companions are proactive, but Martha was almost always reactive and got relegated to the "damsel in distress" role far too often.

Another episode of 2006 Dr Who. I am liking Rose's replacement Freema Agyeman more and more! Oh, exterminate, exterminate, exterminate! Those in the know, will get that joke.

I liked Freema Agyeman, but didn't care for her character Martha Jones. Most of The Doctor's companions are proactive, but Martha was almost always reactive and got relegated to the "damsel in distress" role far too often.
I lost a lot of interest in the show after they did away with Rose, but I will say that I liked Martha better than any who've come along since.

cw3pa

A-List Customer
"Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries" on Netflix. Kind of fun, and not too cerebral. Gives the flavor of the period (1928), without getting too deep in the details. And she drives a 1923 Hispano-Suiza 46CV. How cool is that?

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up

In the couple of episodes I have seen, she has rushed back into the building to save the Dr! Then again, I have only seen about a dozen Dr Who episodes in my life, going back to the 70s, so, an expert I am not!

I lost a lot of interest in the show after they did away with Rose...
I've read a lot of very negative posts from Doctor Who fans about their extreme dislike for Rose Tyler, and I don't understand it; so far she's been my favorite companion. But I couldn't see Rose being the 11th Doctor's companion--Billie Piper and Matt Smith would have gotten on about as well as whipped cream and baloney on the same sandwich.

I lost a lot of interest in the show when Steven Moffat took over as showrunner. Moffat's storytelling in my opinion has a rather "fanboyish" quality to it much of the time, and I think he believes he's more clever than he really is in that regard. Initially I blamed it on Matt Smith because I didn't know there had been a "behind the scenes" change at the same time he took on the role, and it has taken me a long time to appreciate Smith as The Doctor as a result.

In the couple of episodes I have seen, she has rushed back into the building to save the Dr! Then again, I have only seen about a dozen Dr Who episodes in my life, going back to the 70s, so, an expert I am not!
I think they weren't quite sure what to do with Martha Jones when they initially introduced her into the series. She had her moments, but didn't really start to "find her footing" until just before she was replaced with Donna Noble (Catherine Tate). Again, just to be clear, I'm speaking strictly about the characters and not the actors, who I think have all been quite good in their respective roles.

Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
Heroes - season 3.
Great!

I'd seen Heroes - Season 1 on DVD a few years after it aired and LOVED it. But I was told by a friend that it all went downhill after that. Even Sheldon said the same on Big Bang Theory, so I never bothered going beyond that.
But recently, someone at work said it was all really great (!) … so I gave it a go on Netflix.
Season 2 started unremarkably and I could easily see how it shed a lot of viewers as far as Ep. 6.
And then - Ep. 7 happened and it just burst into life! It was amazing from there right through to the end. :)
And I started Season 3 at the weekend - am up to Ep. 4 and it's just brilliant. So, so good.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
We just started watching season 2 on Netflix - the first episode was very good, but not their best. That said, the series is all James Spader - he takes it from good spy drama to a higher level.

I have to say that Season 2 is not as good as Season 1 - but I'm still anxious to see Season 3 which starts October 1st!

Stand By

One Too Many
Doctor Who - The Magician's Apprentice. Good start for the season. Good companion to Genesis of the Daleks.

Cheers!

Dan

Oooh! Sounds mighty promising! :)
I don't look at the new Dr Who season at all at this point, saving it for the DVD release (so I can enjoy it as intended, namely commercial-free!), so I'm staying away from all reviews and news until then - but this really sounds like something to look forward to! Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran