Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
The series still looks great, but besides the choppy editing, I'm a bit bothered that they're overstuffing it with plot and action. There aren't enough quiet character moments, or of Peggy being something other than her kickass agent persona - I want to see more of her feelings. Let Atwell play more emotions!

And the overall season plot - cabal of rich white men control dangerous inter-dimensional force - seems distressingly similar to Hydra and the portal in this season's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., doesn't it?

Also, am I only the one who thinks that Souza's new girlfriend is too perfect, that she must be a counter-agent playing him?

I thought the same thing about Souza's girlfriend - that she's either 1) a double agent or 2) going to get killed off very quickly. In fact, in the last scene those two had together, I was sure her car was going to blow up when she started it.

My daughter, who watches Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., knew immediately what the black goopy stuff was last night because she saw it on Agents. I also agree that there needs to be more of Peggy's feelings, though they did a good job of showing how upset she was over Souza's new relationship.

I'm hoping it gets better. I'll still watch regardless!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Actually, I think the second hour was better than the first, after getting much of the setup and exposition out of the way. And I agree that - as usual - Hayley Atwell was fantastic with everything she was asked to play.

(Note for Hayley Atwell fans - she's also great in the recent Kenneth Branagh-directed Cinderella. She's only in the first five minutes as Ella's mother, but she sets her daughter on the path to fairytale heroism splendidly, "Always remember: Have courage. And be kind." And she gets to sing "Lavender Blue", which sets up the film's eventual climax.)

Honestly, I am still thrilled. I never expected this show to get a second season... I think we're unbelievably lucky to have a 40s-set spy series (on network, no less) with this level of production design, acting, and overall class.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Honestly, I am still thrilled. I never expected this show to get a second season... I think we're unbelievably lucky to have a 40s-set spy series (on network, no less) with this level of production design, acting, and overall class.

Totally agree! I was so excited when they renewed for a second season, almost as excited as when I heard they were making Season 2 of The Man in the High Castle. :D

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Playing catch up, I saw two espisodes of The Brink and the season premier of Gotham this afternoon. The Brink is hilarious, but I wasn't convinced about the English eccentrics in Pakistan. Gotham on the other hand was awesome, and I'm really looking forward to catching up on it!

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
An ancient episode of the Boris Karloff-hosted anthology series Thriller. In B & W, of course, featuring Howard Morris, whom I know mostly as a comic actor ("Cousin Ernest" on Andy Griffith, I think?), in a serious role as a martinet of a library administrator who gets what's coming to him, and gets it good and hard.

ETA: "Ernest T. Bass" was the character he played on AG.

Last edited:
Watched the first hour of "Agent Carter" last night (second on tap for tonight). Basically, feel the same this year as last - period details wonderfully intentionally slightly exaggerated, the show is a visual feast. I like her and Jarvis and love that the two of them seem to be working together more, but the stories are still choppy, some characters very wooden, and, overall, I don't care that much about what happens, just enjoy watching it for the style, Peggy and Jarvis. Maybe the second hour will improve the plot and character building, but if not, it will still be fun.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Watched the first hour of "Agent Carter" last night (second on tap for tonight). Basically, feel the same this year as last - period details wonderfully intentionally slightly exaggerated, the show is a visual feast. I like her and Jarvis and love that the two of them seem to be working together more, but the stories are still choppy, some characters very wooden, and, overall, I don't care that much about what happens, just enjoy watching it for the style, Peggy and Jarvis. Maybe the second hour will improve the plot and character building, but if not, it will still be fun.

Yes, I'm not that engaged with the story at this point. I think they are relying on some Marvel comic storylines (I saw one of the show's writers tweet something about that).

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
Sort of television~ wife and I working our way through Christy on dvd. Really enjoyable, filmed in Tennessee. NB: Levar Burton's character wears a fedora, with a diamond bash, but with a very large brim almost like a planter's hat.

Finished season two of Peaky Blinders; liked it a lot. Watched the Broncos beat the Patriots. Not really sure who I wanted to win. Watched season ten, episode one of The X-Files. Hopefully, tomorrow's episode will be better.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo