Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Downton Abbey. This one felt different. Editing wasn't as tight or something. Anyway, still a good episode and I particularly enjoyed the argument with the Dowager and Isobel.

DNO

One Too Many
"The X-Files" - A little too fast and furious and very hard to follow!

Worf

Tried it. Not too keen on it. Really tired of the Mulder-Scully bickering.

However I did watch a few old episodes on Space Channel in the afternoon. I still found those enjoyable (as long as they stayed away from the Mulder's sister theme!).

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Tried it. Not too keen on it. Really tired of the Mulder-Scully bickering.

However I did watch a few old episodes on Space Channel in the afternoon. I still found those enjoyable (as long as they stayed away from the Mulder's sister theme!).

What I need to do is start with season one, episode one, and work my way forward.

I can't recall the various story lines and threads. Also, have only seen the one (first) of the movies.

Anyone else really LIKE cigarette smoking man?

DNO

One Too Many
What I need to do is start with season one, episode one, and work my way forward.

I can't recall the various story lines and threads. Also, have only seen the one (first) of the movies.

Anyone else really LIKE cigarette smoking man?

I always found the earlier seasons of X-Files the best, before the writers became obsessed with conspiracies and the abduction of Mulder's sister. I always enjoyed the cigarette smoking man as well...love a good villain. (But then I always enjoy the Swede character (Gunderson) in Hell on Wheels, as well!)

DavidJones

One of the Regulars
Been watching some old episodes of "Sanford and Son" lately. I've not seen for some time. Still funny to watch though.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
I always found the earlier seasons of X-Files the best, before the writers became obsessed with conspiracies and the abduction of Mulder's sister. I always enjoyed the cigarette smoking man as well...love a good villain. (But then I always enjoy the Swede character (Gunderson) in Hell on Wheels, as well!)
I preferred the "strange corners of the universe" stand-alone episodes as well. Those often had a creepy vibe, and some even had a touch of humor to boot.

Reactions: DNO

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Been watching some old episodes of "Sanford and Son" lately. I've not seen for some time. Still funny to watch though.
MeTV shows Man from U.N.C.L.E. on 1:00 am Central Sunday morning, and again at 1:00 am on Monday. (They're doing the serious Season Four right now.) They also run Naked City, the Law and Order of its day, and Route 66 at 2:00 and 3:00 on Monday morning. Those two I need to tape and check out -- I only dimly recall them from my boyhood, and both are acclaimed as among the best of Sixties TV.

p51

One Too Many
I caught the first 2 episodes of the new X-File series. I like it so far.
Just completed the two seasons of The Killing. It was set in Seattle and it took just one episode for me to realize that is was actually shot here in Vancouver.
Yeah, I've long ago tired of Seattle being used as the location of a show, just to justify filming it in Vancouver (as it's much cheaper to film there at this time).
To me, it's almost as bad as when I was a kid, and everything was filmed in LA and you'd see palm trees in the background of scenes taking place in Washington DC for example...

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Agent Carter. Superb episode! So thankful that it was a lot better than the first two. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for next week!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Million Dollar American Princesses! Interesting, that the English Country-House Living style of decoration was created by an American, Nancy Lancaster!

Agent Carter. Superb episode! So thankful that it was a lot better than the first two. I really enjoyed it. Can't wait for next week!

Glad to hear that. I finished the first 2 hours last night and while I love the look and feel and Peggy and Jarvis (and Jarvis' wife), the story telling is a mess. I'm glad to hear it sounds like it gets better.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
The most recent Downton Abbey. No spoilers, but it featured a real moment of suspense, involving Daisy the undercook and Lady Crawley. It was great to see a real nail-biter scene on TV that didn't involve action or gunfire (much as I love those two techniques).

The most recent Downton Abbey. No spoilers, but it featured a real moment of suspense, involving Daisy the undercook and Lady Crawley. It was great to see a real nail-biter scene on TV that didn't involve action or gunfire (much as I love those two techniques).

Agreed, Daisy played that well - she looked like she was coming unglued - outstanding acting. And you are right, nice to see drama and tension from pure human passion not from a gun, fist or explosion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo