Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Finally began watching Boardwalk Empire. Three episodes in and I am really liking it.
:D

I'm really excited for you. It is an outstanding show (one season in the middle was week, but I forget which one). The style is outstanding, the time travel enjoyable, the characters memorable, the acting (overall) top notch and the story very good (if sometimes convoluted). Enjoy - you have many fun seasons ahead of you. My favorite character was Chalky White - the actor who played him is impressive.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
A great show that I really enjoyed, but I didn't like the shortened, final season that unbelievably jumped ahead into the thirties.

Avoiding spoilers and speaking generally: The last season featured one series-long dangling plot thread that was finally explored/explained beautifully, but it was missing quite a few favorite characters, and the ultimate ending seemed a cheap shot that I just couldn't believe.

But up until then, I loved it.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
After coming home from karate last night, I finished off season two of Penny Dreadful.

Oh my goodness, can't say how much I enjoyed this season. Sad we don't get Showtime, it's killing me to have to wait for more!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I think I said back when you started watching that the second season was better than the first. I liked the first season, but loved the second. "The Cut Wife" was a serious contender for the best hour of TV I watched last year.

I'm definitely looking forward to the third season, which I believe starts next month (for those of us who have Showtime).

I think I said back when you started watching that the second season was better than the first. I liked the first season, but loved the second. "The Cut Wife" was a serious contender for the best hour of TV I watched last year.

I'm definitely looking forward to the third season, which I believe starts next month (for those of us who have Showtime).
You told me so as well and you were as right as rain. I am very tempted to get Showtime just for Penny Dreadful and then cancel it when it is over.

NOW you're watching Boardwalk Empire?!

I thought I was late getting into it (just after season three had aired)!

Glad you're enjoying it, one of our favourites. We have the complete series on blu-ray.
We kept planning to and tried to jump in to it during season three, but just couldn't/wouldn't/didn't. :D
Glad you enjoyed Penny Dreadful, it was so much fun. We also really enjoyed Peaky Blinder. Set in 1920 Birmingham, England, it to was a lot of fun.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
NOVA: Rise Of The Robots. The good news, we don't have to worry about them taking over the world any time soon. You can literally trip them up with ease!

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
We kept planning to and tried to jump in to it during season three, but just couldn't/wouldn't/didn't. :D
Glad you enjoyed Penny Dreadful, it was so much fun. We also really enjoyed Peaky Blinder. Set in 1920 Birmingham, England, it to was a lot of fun.

Watching the preview for it on the new Sherlock, we are looking out for Peaky Blinder next!

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
You told me so as well and you were as right as rain. I am very tempted to get Showtime just for Penny Dreadful and then cancel it when it is over.

I knew I told somebody!

IMHO, Showtime is worth it: I've also been watching Homeland, The Affair, and Masters of Sex. And - unlike HBO (who only put up a smattering of recent stuff) - every episode/season of all their series are always available on demand. So one of these days I plan to get around to watching shows like The Tudors, Weeds, Shameless, etc., from the beginning.

Last edited:
I knew I told somebody!

IMHO, Showtime is worth it: I've also been watching Homeland, The Affair, and Masters of Sex. And - unlike HBO (who only put up a smattering of recent stuff) - every episode/season of all their series are always available on demand. So one of these days I plan to get around to watching shows like The Tudors, Weeds, Shameless, etc., from the beginning.
I have stuck with HBO for its boxing and True Detective. Although the world seemed to dislike season 2 of T.D., I enjoyed it enough (outside of the ending). Sure, it was nowhere as entertaining as season 1, but it was still better than a lot of what the Big 3 networks put out.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I have stuck with HBO for its boxing and True Detective. Although the world seemed to dislike season 2 of T.D., I enjoyed it enough (outside of the ending). Sure, it was nowhere as entertaining as season 1, but it was still better than a lot of what the Big 3 networks put out.

World, prepare to be blown away - I PREFERRED the second season of True Detective! I enjoyed the first, but was not a fan of the "flashback" retelling style.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Last night my wife and I watched the new Sherlock, the Abominable Bride. Immensely enjoyable, but frustrating for me as I couldn't stop obsessing with the suits, and my wife who's exhausted from work kept falling asleep near the end - about six rewinds to keep her caught up!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Last night my wife and I watched the new Sherlock, the Abominable Bride. Immensely enjoyable, but frustrating for me as I couldn't stop obsessing with the suits, and my wife who's exhausted from work kept falling asleep near the end - about six rewinds to keep her caught up!

I thought I was the ONLY one that had that problem. Once she gets a meal in her and is ensconced in her "comfy chair" I'm lucky to get one hour of joint viewing out of her... When her haid slumps to the side or snoring ensues... that's it. Turn off the video and push her to bed. "Dese are da conditions dat prevail!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24