Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
They completely lost us with Negan and his same old patter. He just became so boring that we stopped caring. Curiosity wasn’t enough to keep us around anymore.
:D
I believe part of that was the actor. He's an annoying actor. He was just as annoying in The Good Wife. In life, he seems like a cool guy. He was on an episode of Norman's motorcycle traveling reality show on AMC, and I liked him. Maybe I just don't like him as an actor?

I believe part of that was the actor. He's an annoying actor. He was just as annoying in The Good Wife. In life, he seems like a cool guy. He was on an episode of Norman's motorcycle traveling reality show on AMC, and I liked him. Maybe I just don't like him as an actor?
I found Jeffrey Dean Morgan to an enjoyable enough actor in the limited viewings I had before TWD. The writing/plot/story during his time was just too much blah blah blah yada yada yada. I ended up not really caring about any character at some point. Too many stupid actions by characters who were acting in ways they never had before. Tiring. We left.

Last night, the first two episodes of Narcos: Mexico. Once again, the creators of Narcos have rounded up a better than average cast of actors and created an enjoyable story. Even though I know how this story will end, they have sucked me in.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
The Durrells in Corfu. PBS. Repeat: I truly, and thoroughly, enjoy this show. How many times have I said that? At least half dozen. I see that next season will be its final season. That's good. Get out while you're hot. It also means they'll be able to plan for an ending. A luxury I feel it deserves. This season had one of my favorite title sequences, and this program has one of my favorite theme songs. It feels just like the show plays.

Poldark. PBS. This might be the best season so far. It has its own problems, but it felt like any issues it had were less than others or the more glaring ones in the past.

Over the past couple of days, some NFL, The Durrells in Corfu, Poldark, and two more episodes of Narcos: Mexico.
At some point, we will watch The Durrells in Corfu from the beginning. It is a entertaining, funny, and well worth the time show to watch.

Being laid up with a broken heel, Season one of Game of Thrones. They were running the the first season on HBO and I happened to flip by and I was caught. Better than I remembered and I remembered it to be really good.
That was yesterday. Today, I was ensnared by season one of True Detective on HBO. As I remembered, quality entertainment.

Being laid up with a broken heel, Season one of Game of Thrones. They were running the the first season on HBO and I happened to flip by and I was caught. Better than I remembered and I remembered it to be really good.
That was yesterday. Today, I was ensnared by season one of True Detective on HBO. As I remembered, quality entertainment.

Sorry to hear about the broken heel - never heard that one before, but it sounds painful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Super girlfriend broke two toes a few years back (her super powers don't include unbreakable bones) which wasn't any fun; I can't image a broken heel being anything but unpleasant.

Really liked season one of TD.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
The Little Drummer Girl. AMC. This was frustrating. My fault. They ran this three days in a row, but I thought they were repeating the same two episodes and not airing new episodes. A holiday approach that sucks, as if anyone is going to watch eight hours of a program spread over three nights. I'm assuming this is AMC experimenting with binge watching and newish ways to air programs. Because I record them and race through the commercials, I didn't know. I only grabbed episodes 1 & 2 (day one, nearly 3 hours). If you don't like jumbled timelines and bouncing around, you might not like this series. I thought it was good enough to drudge through watching the rest on demand when nothing else is airing later this month. I don't understand why Alexander Skarsgård is a big deal. His acting is nothing special. He's pretty. I get it. There have to be actors just as pretty as he and that also are better at acting.

Over the past couple of days, some NFL, The Durrells in Corfu, Poldark, and two more episodes of Narcos: Mexico.
At some point, we will watch The Durrells in Corfu from the beginning. It is a entertaining, funny, and well worth the time show to watch.

"The Durrells..." is a quirky show that walks a line that if it stepped just a bit over, the show would become goofy, but somehow it always knows when to pull it back and keep it off-beat fun. And it is visually beautiful. As to the NFL, once I have it half recorded, l'll watch the Pats vs Jets later today.

The Durrells in Corfu. PBS. Repeat: I truly, and thoroughly, enjoy this show. How many times have I said that? At least half dozen. I see that next season will be its final season. That's good. Get out while you're hot. It also means they'll be able to plan for an ending. A luxury I feel it deserves. This season had one of my favorite title sequences, and this program has one of my favorite theme songs. It feels just like the show plays.

Poldark. PBS. This might be the best season so far. It has its own problems, but it felt like any issues it had were less than others or the more glaring ones in the past.
I too love the show and Keeley (forget her last name) is one of the best Brit actresses out there right now. I have purchased Season 2 but have yet to hook up my DVD player to watch it.

Just finished season 3 of "The Last Kingdom" and sad that it is over. Haven't bothered looking it up but the way it ended I suspect Season 4 is possible. Utred is one of the best characters.....ever.

Sorry to hear about the broken heel - never heard that one before, but it sounds painful. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Super girlfriend broke two toes a few years back (her super powers don't include unbreakable bones) which wasn't any fun; I can't image a broken heel being anything but unpleasant.

Thank you. Fell without grace or agility off a roof last Tuesday. I was just seconds away from finishing and plop. It broke in three pieces and shifted out of place. I will find out about surgery tomorrow. It’s more annoying than painful. I am too clumsy to get around like I want and need. Oh well. Luckily, it was only a foot.

Oh, and some good new if you didn’t already know is that the third season of True Detective is coming January 13, 2019.

Thank you. Fell without grace or agility off a roof last Tuesday. I was just seconds away from finishing and plop. It broke in three pieces and shifted out of place. I will find out about surgery tomorrow. It’s more annoying than painful. I am too clumsy to get around like I want and need. Oh well. Luckily, it was only a foot.

Ugh, good luck re the news tomorrow.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Skip season two, it's pretty disappointing after the captivating fascination of season one. And each season is a different cast/story, so there's no continuity that you need to bone up on before watching the forthcoming season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider