Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
It seemed he only wanted to plug his "great" ideas for other shows that never panned out or weren't that great.
When you only have "YES!" people around you, you lose all sense of reality, humility, and decency. The ego takes over. If you have narcissistic tendencies to start, it's a short leap. I don't care who you are or what job is in question. Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Goliath - I'll watch almost anything with Billy Bob Thornton. He was solid and there were a few nice touches but ultimately we've seen it all before in dozens of courtroom/police procedurals.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
The season finale of The Mayans, the Sons of Anarchy spin-off.

We really enjoyed this. A different vibe from SOA, only the occasional story line tie in with SOA (and very few but appropriate appearances by SAMCRO members, none of whom have been key figures), interesting story lines and characters. Looking forward to more hopefully!

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
The season finale of The Mayans, the Sons of Anarchy spin-off.

We really enjoyed this. A different vibe fro SOA, only the occasional story line tie in with SOA (and very few but appropriate appearances by SAMCRO members, none of whom have been key figures), interesting story lines and characters. Looking forward to more hopefully!
Encouraging; I loved SoA. Looking forward too to the prequel they promised, with John Teller setting up SoA in tbe 60s. I'll see The Mayans when it makes it to UK Netflix or Prime .

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
SPOILER ALERT**************MAYANS

I've been watching Mayans because I like the cast. I thought Sons was a terribly written, filmed, and budgeted show. Easily the worst show I've watched on FX, and I've watch(ed) a lot of them. Why did I watch it? Because I'm one of those who used to have a difficult time walking away from a show once I invested time in it. Not anymore. That Middle Ages show on FX that Sutter wrote was also crap (The ba***rd Executioner). I don't know if Sutter is blessed or if he knows a lot of the right people in Hollywood, because he is not a good writer, particularly in the story aspect. He has ideas, but he's really sloppy and amateurish in putting them together. He's done a better job with Mayans, at least so far, but he still fails to establish relationships. Adelita and Angel is a prime example. He never builds any single reason for why it's romantic. He doesn't earn his way with the audience. PLOP! There it is. Sure, you see them googly eyes throughout the season, but that isn't earning a relationship through story. I hoped the Sons tie-in would be minimized, but this season finale gave me reasonable doubt Sutter will be able to ignore the temptation. It's too easy, and the guy likes easy.

We finished Ozark earlier this week and haven’t watched much since other than the main card of UFC Fight Night:Korean Zombie vs. Rodriguez.
:D
Enjoyed Ozark but left wondering if there is enough meat left on the bones for a Season 3? I often find a series no matter how good jumps the shark somewhere in that 3rd season.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Slowly working our way back through Supernatural, now the girls are old enough (we hope...) to see it. Season three, about five episodes in. Lauren Cohan, best known now for playing Maggie on Walking Dead, has a short arc at this point as Bella, nemesis to Sam and Dean.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I noticed that - Cohen was about the only aspect of TWD I liked.

Supernatural has or had unbelievably good production design. Like Nabokov's Lolita it's about kitsch roadside motels.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Back from temporary duty and able to play catch up last night.

Rick Grimes"s "last" Walking Dead episode. TWD has lost many viewers over perceived "cheap" events, sudden deaths and miraculous (incredulous) escapes and so on, but I have overlooked such things. Without spoiling anything, I am having second thoughts now. Particularly after watching the opening of Talking Dead, where Scott Gimple essentially outlined the next steps for the show and anticipated spin offs.

The theme was in my view "let's milk this for all it's worth".

Hmmmmm.....
Well... ya can't say nobody warned ya! They lost me with "the great dumpster dive" several years back. Still they find an audience to clap like seals in the circus on every episode of "Talking Dead".

Worf

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Well... ya can't say nobody warned ya! They lost me with "the great dumpster dive" several years back. Still they find an audience to clap like seals in the circus on every episode of "Talking Dead".

Worf

My wife watched last night's episode.

Alone, for the first time not owing to my service absences.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Last week's episode of Riverdale, in which they pulled off a stunt: Each of the main actors plays both his regular role, and in several long flashbacks, his or her parent! Cole "Jughead" Sprouse impressed me as he suggested Skeet Ulrich (who plays his father), K.J. "Archie" Apa with brown hair plays his father (who is enacted by Luke Perry), etc. There was opportunity for a few little in-jokes. But the flashbacks are important. They outline how the shadow of the past (the murder of the then-principal of Riverdale High) is affecting the present, and leads naturally into the current mystery.

The town of Riverdale makes Twin Peaks, Stephen King's Castle Rock, and wherever it was that Norman Bates lived seem like The Donna Reed Show.

Enjoyed Ozark but left wondering if there is enough meat left on the bones for a Season 3? I often find a series no matter how good jumps the shark somewhere in that 3rd season.
Well, I went in with no expectations of enjoying the show and ended up enjoying it. I won’t be surprised if season three ends up just as entertaining. :D

Worf
They completely lost us with Negan and his same old patter. He just became so boring that we stopped caring. Curiosity wasn’t enough to keep us around anymore.
:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails