Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I'm halfway through season three of Daredevil on Netflix. I'm enjoying it, it's definitely better than season two.

But with the recent cancelations of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, it's unclear where these Netflix "Defenders" shows are headed. It looks like Disney is letting all their Marvel shows and other properties finish playing out on other channels and services, in preparation for launching their own streaming service next year that will allegedly include all the Disney brands (Marvel, Pixar, Lucasfilm, Henson, Disney proper) on a single platform.

Last edited:

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Jamestown. PBS. Such an awful series.

Native America. PBS. Could be a good series. They're an hour long, but the first episode could have been (should have been) a half-hour. I also didn't find they were backing up their claims with a lot of evidence. Too much romanticism and embellished animation. I appreciate both elements to a degree, but when they become too much of the content, it goes beyond mysticism and into the goofy. Maybe this was intended for young people? I'm often confused by the intended audience when it comes to these supposed educational programs.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Netflix re-take on "Sabrina the Teenaged Witch" - This is a kinda "tween" show not on the CW but it might as well be. What's the sense of putting it on streaming if you don't utilize what streaming gets you... yeah the language is rough and there's more violence but not much more than you'd get on broadcast TV. Sabrina is played by the quirky blond last seen as Don Draper's blond daughter on "Mad Men". She's funny in this role as sometimes she looks old enough for the part but sometimes she looks way too young. She's quite frankly rather odd looking and at times it feels inappropriate to view her.

She has the typical SJW cast of friends, gay, abused, black, other etc... They're stuck in this "time out of place" world where the cars are old primarily from the late 60's early 70's, the style of dress is weird but cell phones are sometimes used next to rotary phones. I don't know what time period they're trying to set this in... I'm confused. They're also a bit "on the nose" with some of their social commentary. We watched about 5 episodes. May finish out the season but I might not. We went looking for some Halloween fare and it provided it but not much else.

Worf

3fingers

One Too Many
We have been intending to watch Ozark, so my wife suggested we look at it last night. I think it will easily make the cut for a second winter evening show.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
The Woman in White. PBS miniseries. I'm enjoying the feel of this show, and I like the cast. Jessie Buckley is consistently good, though I feel she could too easily be typecast as the androgynous one. I fear the ending of this thing. I could see it being a wet noodle.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Back from temporary duty and able to play catch up last night.

Rick Grimes"s "last" Walking Dead episode. TWD has lost many viewers over perceived "cheap" events, sudden deaths and miraculous (incredulous) escapes and so on, but I have overlooked such things. Without spoiling anything, I am having second thoughts now. Particularly after watching the opening of Talking Dead, where Scott Gimple essentially outlined the next steps for the show and anticipated spin offs.

The theme was in my view "let's milk this for all it's worth".

Hmmmmm.....

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Scott Gimple is a terrible ambassador for TWD. He shouldn't be allowed to be the public face for it. I don't care if he is the showrunner or not. I stopped watching long ago, but that's always been.

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Rick Grimes"s "last" Walking Dead episode. TWD has lost many viewers over perceived "cheap" events, sudden deaths and miraculous (incredulous) escapes and so on, but I have overlooked such things. Without spoiling anything, I am having second thoughts now. Particularly after watching the opening of Talking Dead, where Scott Gimple essentially outlined the next steps for the show and anticipated spin offs.

The theme was in my view "let's milk this for all it's worth".

Hmmmmm.....

Scott Gimple is a terrible ambassador for TWD. He shouldn't be allowed to be the public face for it. I don't care if he is the showrunner or not. I stopped watching long ago, but that's always been.

Having never seen TWD, I can't speak for it, but it seems this is how a lot of these kinds of shows are nowadays.

And why are the showrunners the face of the shows? I know I got my fill of seeing Doctor Who's Moffat speaking about it every chance he could before he left. It got so drained of anything worthwhile by the end. Or the seeming end, at least for me. It seemed he only wanted to plug his "great" ideas for other shows that never panned out or weren't that great.

I've seen memes of Grimes asking to be killed off, or fans asking for it, or some such because they're sick of him. Is he that annoying? Not enough to get me into TWD. Ever. Sorry, not sorry.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
I've seen memes of Grimes asking to be killed off, or fans asking for it, or some such because they're sick of him. Is he that annoying?

The actor, Andrew Lincoln (best known in North America prior to TWD as one of the love-struck guys in Love, Actually) wanted to spend more time at home in England. That is why he wanted off.

His character is love/hate among fans, both "love him or hate him at times" and "always loved him" or "always hated him".

I liked him at times but leaned towards my last point more often than not.

And you don't have to be sorry for not having an interest in any show. I certainly have less than zero interest in many discussed on this forum!

Dr. Who being chief among them!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass