Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

The Jackal

One of the Regulars
Most recent Gotham, Supernatural and we finally finished the last two episodes and thus the season of True Detective.
Gotham has gotten to the point that it's really letting me down. It's taken the the parts of Dark Knight Rises that I hated most and made them the focus of the final season.

I mostly still watch the show for Riddler. I really enjoy how he's been portrayed

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
Gotham has gotten to the point that it's really letting me down. It's taken the the parts of Dark Knight Rises that I hated most and made them the focus of the final season.

I mostly still watch the show for Riddler. I really enjoy how he's been portrayed

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm still waiting for season 5 to show up on Netflix, but I agree with you on the Riddler. Not a villain I actually liked before in any of its incarnations, but this one is fantastic - so multi-layered, so nuanced. I Also love their take on the Penguin - again avillain I don't think as ever been done justice in this way before. I'm intrigued to see whatthey make of the Joker, when either he finally appears or is morphed into byan existing player.

I think what I enjoy most about Gotham is it stays true to the notion that all Batman's villains are, ultimately, insane in one way or another. As is the Bat himself - his version of madness simpyl taking another form, one that we can celebrate as a hero, and therefore acceptable....

Edward

Bartender
Last night's The Walking Dead before leaving early this a.m. (0530 hrs) for temporary duty.

Oh. My. God.

I'm still three series' behind on DVD, but I'm guessing they've gotten to the Whisperers by now? Tat blew my mind when it first hit the pages of the source material.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Another episode of Shetland, Scots crime drama on Netflix which is quite good. It stars Douglas Henshall, whom I'd seen before only in one thing, but very memorably, as a smug English army officer in an episode of Sharpe.

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
The last episode of Foyle's War, off Acorn. The general feel of the series was deceptively slow, time and again a good mystery with a surprise ending. We were sad to see it end.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
Mrs.Wilson. PBS. mini-series. It's strange how they split this into a 2-hour airing and a 1-hour airing next weekend. I thought it was excellent. I could have watched all three episodes in a single sitting.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
You're the Worst. FXX. Series finale. I liked this show quite a bit. It was above average in many ways, and it was certainly unique TV. All the actors were top notch, especially the women. Aya Cash and Kether Donahue were powerhouses. Stephen Falk can write a sharp and funny female character. One of the better endings to a TV series, which I feel are almost always botched. As much as I did enjoy this show and always looked forward to its next season, it did go one season too many (keep this season, dump last season). Its time had come.

Last edited:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SBS have shown four episodes of the new Project Bluebook so far and I've been thoroughly enjoying it. Some suspenseful moments, a bit like an updated version of The X Files.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I haven't seen a Gotham since season 1. Maybe I'll binge watch the whole thing when I retire.

My wife has been re-watching True Blood as of late, and occasionally I'll sit down with her and look at it. What I have seen just reinforces my feelings about most vampire TV shows - just silly.

I haven't seen a Gotham since season 1. Maybe I'll binge watch the whole thing when I retire.

My wife has been re-watching True Blood as of late, and occasionally I'll sit down with her and look at it. What I have seen just reinforces my feelings about most vampire TV shows - just silly.

That's funny as my girlfriend watched the show when it was on and I'd occasionally stroll into the room: my takeaway, I never learned the characters or story line, but did think that vampires get naked often and have a lot of sex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner