Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Pearl Harbor: USS Oklahoma-The Final Story. If you are wondering why we should identify the remains of the unknown soldiers and sailors, just watch this documentary!

Amazon's Sneaky Pete starring nice acting fromGiovanni Ribisi and Bryan Cranston. Only one episode released, but more are on the way. It was entertaining.
Finally started The Americans last night. Watched a couple of episodes and enjoyed them both.
Right now, The Andy Griffith Show.
:D

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I binge-watched seven episodes of The Crown on Netflix Wednesday night and will probably watch the last three this weekend. It is incredibly well done. The sets and costumes are gorgeous, and I love how we can see the incredibly complicated world of being a royal. Bottom line: I'm glad I never have the option of being queen. :)

I binge-watched seven episodes of The Crown on Netflix Wednesday night and will probably watch the last three this weekend. It is incredibly well done. The sets and costumes are gorgeous, and I love how we can see the incredibly complicated world of being a royal. Bottom line: I'm glad I never have the option of being queen. :)

⇧ if we ever have an election, I'll vote you author queen of Fedora assuming you will accept all the responsibility and political / court intrigue that comes with the role. :).

Watched two episodes so far and agree with everything you said.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Puddin's done the same thing. She felt similarly about the mixed blessings of being "a Royal". I gave it a pass. Went upstairs and killed pixels instead.

Worf

Julian Shellhammer

Practically Family
The Missus told me about The Crown, so we've watched about three episodes so far. We're enjoying it- the scenery, the costumes, the dialogue, the complicated family life (Mountbatten, Greek and Danish?). IMDb says Netflix budgeted $100 million dollars for the series, and it looks like it.

A couple more episodes of "Good Girls Revolt," which is getting much better in its second season as the story lines and characters have more depth and believability and are incorporating events of the late '60s in a more organic way than before when they felt forced.

My girlfriend and I believe this show must be made only for us as we have never, ever heard a word about it anywhere, have never seen it advertised anywhere and have yet to find a friend who has heard about it. Also, while not great (and it really takes several episodes to get into gear), it would seem that Fedora Lounge members - especially those who liked "Mad Men -" would at least give this one a shot, but so far, I've never seen any other member comment on it.

I am amazed that it even has a season two as the demographic of its viewership (a total of two people in their fifties who live in Manhattan who are not big spenders watch it - period) seems not to be enough people or the right demographic (we are older than our early 40s, hence, dead to advertisers) to keep it going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24