Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
LadyStardust said:
What, you mean this little moment?
ap070916037362400lb6.jpg

:)
That was the best part of the night in my opinion. I was hoping something like that would happen, and when it did, that was icing on the cake.

I'm sorry, but this pushes me into OMG!!! territory--so great! I think that pictures gonna be my screensaver for awhile.

Overall that show was painful (I loved when they cut away from Ray Romano's bit to Jon's shocked and appalled face!) but Rainn Wilson and Kayne West and Lewis Black were quite funny too.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I don't see how mentally healthy human beings can watch stuff like the Emmys without having the overwhelming impulse to throw a rock through the picture tube! (Pant, pant, OK, I'm better now, end of rant.)
Last show I watched was "Mysteries of the Garden of Eden" on the History Channel.
Of course they told me lots of stuff I already knew, and stretched it out much longer than they needed to, but it was still a good documentary. This is my kind of TV.
Later in the evening I had my big Zenith on with "The Big Broadcast" from WFUV.ORG, and on the TV I was rotating through baseball, football, and "Full Frontal Fashion" (for the prurient interest only), with the sound off. I'm not sure if that really counts as "watching a show".

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
Quigley Brown said:
Last night on The History Channel: 'How the Earth Was Made'....fascinating.

Interesting, I saw on National Geographic last night a show about how the earth was made ... Hard Science or something like that? Agreed, very interesting. Then again, I am the one with a big box of rocks that I trip over all the time :rolleyes:

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
dhermann1 said:
I don't see how mentally healthy human beings can watch stuff like the Emmys without having the overwhelming impulse to throw a rock through the picture tube! (Pant, pant, OK, I'm better now, end of rant.)

Amen! All last night I was thinking "this is the best of television?!". Eek. So often the award shows reward mediocrity which is hard to see.

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhermann1

Amen! All last night I was thinking "this is the best of television?!". Eek. So often the award shows reward mediocrity which is hard to see."
-------
I don't know, I think making such a generalization is a bit much. I certaintly don't deign to think awards shows are brilliant, deep, meaningful television, but if they have a great host, they can be fun. On the same note, while they are not profound, I can assure you they are not the most mindless things on television.:eusa_doh:
Unfortunately, last night's show didn't help alleviate the bad stereotype of awards shows. Awful host, disastrous set, awkward presentations, and even censorship all rolled into a right mess. I only had it on in the background while reading, and came in to watch when there were categories I was interested in.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
KittyT said:
I am currently about 8 episodes into the first season of "I Dream of Jeannie".
The Young Ones
Yes! One of the best shows ever :)

I also remember another British comedy, The Goodies. I wish, wish, wish I could find that series. I liked it at least as much as I did Benny Hill and Mr, Bean (both of which I forgot to list above. :rolleyes:)

Lee

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
MrNewportCustom said:
I also remember another British comedy, The Goodies. I wish, wish, wish I could find that series. I liked it at least as much as I did Benny Hill and Mr, Bean (both of which I forgot to list above. :rolleyes:)

Well there's one 3-episode Goodies DVD on Netflix. Not much, but better than nothing! There are also a couple of Amazon.

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
One of my favorites too...what happened?

Smithy said:
The simply brilliant British show "Hustle". I absolutely love it!

I thought Hustle was a great show as well. AMC's website still indicates it exists, but I haven't seen any new episodes in months. I had heard the star, Adrian Lester had been picked up on something else, but the show seems to have faded in the mists.

My current favorites are:

Deadliest Catch (I worked in Alaska for a couple of summers and the show is dead on for the reality of the work)

Dirty Jobs..as previously mentioned, Mike Rowe is a crack-up

Hell's Kitchen

I also picked up the first season of WKRP. I wish they had been able to get the rights to all the original songs. The Muzak type songs just don't provide the same feeling.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Ecuador Jim said:
I thought Hustle was a great show as well. AMC's website still indicates it exists, but I haven't seen any new episodes in months. I had heard the star, Adrian Lester had been picked up on something else, but the show seems to have faded in the mists.

Apparently he's not in the new series EJ, but they have left an opening for him to come back. In the series he is apparently in Oz doing a con to sell the Sydney Opera House. So Danny is the new head of the gang.

I can't imagine the show without Mickey, just doesn't sound right.

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I finished the first disc of Season 3 of The Office last night. So far not as good as Season 2 but it's clear they're doing a lot of plot set up so I'm not giving up yet.

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
So far I have seasons 1 and 2 of I Love Lucy and am watching them. I hope to get the rest of them soon. I would also like to get The Bob Newhart dvds. That show makes me laugh all the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112