Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Sunny

One Too Many
The Wild, Wild West. Terrific entertainment for those long sewing days. lol :eusa_clap

Complete first season in about four days. Nearly halfway through the third season now. Plotting purchase of the second season as I type. The first season DVDs had great extras, including a brief audio introduction of each show by Robert Conrad.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I just received the Emma Peel Megaset. I've never seen the black & white episodes, so chalk me up for the next 38 entries of this thread as watching The Avengers! *Sigh*

Mrs. Merl

Practically Family
Oh, oh! I got the Emma Peel Megaset last year for my birthday! I do love The Avengers!! Hope you enjoy them. I really like the black and white ones. A Touch of Brimstone was banned in the US originally!

nola89

Familiar Face
I am a massive fan of The Office (both British and American). I last watched the American, but now you have me thinking of watching Fawlty Towers.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Mrs. Merl said:
Oh, oh! I got the Emma Peel Megaset last year for my birthday! I do love The Avengers!! Hope you enjoy them. I really like the black and white ones. A Touch of Brimstone was banned in the US originally!

I'm becoming quite a fan! The color eps I'm familiar with from when BBC America used to play them, and I seem to remember A&E airing the black and whites in the late 80s-early 90s but back then I thought "The Avengers" was going to be a cartoon based on the Marvel comic and I turned off the TV in disgust! ("Where's Cap??? Where's Iron Man???" I said) :eusa_doh:

Edward

Bartender
Last night, via the magic of iPlayer, I watched all five episodes of the BBC's adaptation of The Diary of Anne Frank, originally boradcast last week. Very well put together, filmed on location in Amsterdam, in the actual annex itself. A very well-worn story in many ways, but still with the power to move, not least the ending. To be picky I noticed one inaccuracy - the Frank's cat, left behind when they fled their home to go into hiding, was female and yet was played by an entirely ginger cat (down to genetics, the cat on screen was 99.99999% certain to have been a male), while the other family's cat, taken into hiding in the annex, was male and played by an all-over tabby (which has an equal statistical likelihood of being female). I'm guessing the casting director wasn't a cat person! ;)

Cricket

Practically Family
At lunch, I caught some "new" Unsolved Mysteries. I miss the old theme song though. I heard it briefly in the background, but it is just not the same.

Edward

Bartender
Spiffy said:
Torchwood.
*hangs head in shame*

No need to - great show. Rumour has it that the third, and final, series has been commissioned. If the story I hear is true, it will be broadcast as a mini-series across five nights - five one-hour episodes. I hope they have the nerve to end it properly. The ending I have always wanted to see is the entire team killed off with Jack rendered incapable of rebuilding. That would make the most sense.

There is also a rumour that the Beeb will be moving production of Torchwood to Glasgow - maybe a rediscovery of Torchwood 2 is on the cards?

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
File under the category "guilty pleasure".

I received series 1-3 of The House of Elliott for christmas and I spent nearly 12 hours on Sunday watching all of series 1. I might be able to polish off series 2 and 3 during the upcoming long weekend.

The show is the height of silly but the costumes make up for it.

Mike1939

One of the Regulars
I'm working my way through the Jeeves and Wooster box set I received for a Christmas gift. Although I've seen them all before the shows are just as good the second time around. I often think of Jeeves when I'm dressing in the morning and choose the wrong tie or when I say something I shouldn't have. I can just imagine Jeeves shaking his head in disapproval. :)

Frankie Lamb

One of the Regulars
Those were the days my friend..........

Just finished watching "When the Lion Roared:pt 11" on TCM. I couldn't have imagined I'd ever sit through any film lasting as long as did pt's 1 & 2 of this production, but I did, and furthermore it had me craving more! I suppose partly because of the same reason everyone watched it; a feeling of nostalgia, of feeling our past loves, fears, hates and all of the rest of the emotions those "old" films from MGM touched in us. And partly because MGM was the first film lot I worked for, and even though it was certainly not back during the "glory" days, it was still MGM and every once in a while I'd run into one of the stars of those long gone days. It was always a thrill to exchange a few brief pleasantries of the day with them; don't ever let anyone ever tell you that people working in the motion picture business don't get star-struck once in a while too. I worked in the business for twenty five years and I admit that I still get a chill when I remember when I worked on the set (Stand-by Carpenter ) and watched Henry Fonda do his magic.
For anyone who has not caught this series , which I believe is in three parts, I strongly suggest catching it the next time it's on.
That's a wrap !!

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Angel the Series...
Are You Now or Have You Ever Been...
aka, the Shining/Race!Issues/Fabulous!Fifties!Flashback!Angel episode

I walked into my apartment, and lo and behold, there was His Broodiness himself, with a pompadour!

WH1

Practically Family
Mike1939 said:
I'm working my way through the Jeeves and Wooster box set I received for a Christmas gift. Although I've seen them all before the shows are just as good the second time around. I often think of Jeeves when I'm dressing in the morning and choose the wrong tie or when I say something I shouldn't have. I can just imagine Jeeves shaking his head in disapproval. :)

I purchased that very set last year while deployed to an unpleasant place. It was my personal refuge over there, what a pleasure to watch Frye and Laurie embody two of the great characters in english literature.

Right now I am enjoying my personal guilty pleasure "Burn Notice". I enjoy anything featuring the incomparable Bruce Campbell.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
rkwilker said:
Also...my secret fav..."Ghost Hunters". That's right, I admit it. What can I say...I'm a fan.

"Ghost Hunters" is one of my favorites also. If you like that one you may enjoy "Paranormal State". It is similar, live action investigations of spooky stuff!

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
War of the World. According to PBS "A study of WWII begins with a look at ethnic, economic and social issues that may have led to the start of the war. Harvard historian Niall Ferguson hosts".

I woudn't call this a study of WWII, it was more a look at genocide/ethnic cleansing in the 20th century. The series didn't tell me anything I didn't already know but the way the information was presented was interesting. The topic pretty much makes one want to slit one's wrists; profoundly depressing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot