Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The Bible

Spent the whole evening last night watching PBS's "The Secrets of the Bible" on Nova. This was followed by "Secrets of the Dead", The Tomb of Christ.
The first was a very up to date explanation of what archaeology has done to throw light on the development of the Bible as we know it today. The second was about the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where Christs's tomb is believed to be. It made a very convincing case for the location being absolutely authentic.
Fascinating stuff.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Alistair Cooke

I just caught a wonderful hour on PBS about dear old Alistair Cooke (pronounced "stir" not "stair"). He was about as bi-national British-American as you could get, tho he got his American citizenship in the 40's, as I recall.
He chronicled the period of the 30's right through till 2004 better than anyone I know. He did his last show in 2004 at the age of 95, and died four weeks later.
I remember his wonderful show "Omnibus" which was on NBC from 1953 till 1961. The very best that TV had to offer during that time.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I just finished the final episode of the 1st season of Weeds. I'm liking it so far.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Catching up on this season of Bones.
And....the 1940's episode of One Tree Hill, which was kind of hilariously bad, but my friend worked on some of the sets, so we Tivo'ed it.

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I know its not everyones cup of tea but I watched "The Marty Stuart Show" tonight on RFD-TV (cable network).
He's a superb musician and very entertaining. Lots of old time country music.
Or as they might call it in the movie "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" OLD TIMEY MUSIC. The Soggy Bottom Boys were plum silly with it you know.
Anyway it was a good show, if you get RFD-TV check it out.

Kermez

A-List Customer
I just re-watched A Nero Wolfe Mystery "Christmas Party", as I often do between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I even bought a bottle of Pernod - vile as I discovered it to taste to my palate - because of this episode (and the short story from which it originated).

A Nero Wolfe Mystery is my favorite show of All Time (please note the avatar and, even though not part of the show, the "signature"), and I both rue and lament the end of it, and - despite my Christianity - long for the ruination of the A&E network with the greatest of rancor for abandoning such an exemplary program, IMO the greatest to ever grace the "small" screen. Although I suppose - and certainly know - I ought to be grateful for them giving it to me, albeit for such a small amount of time, these feelings of unnecessay loss and grief of its ending and all the episodes that could have been are forever unavoidable. PFUI! I own both seasons on DVD, and watch all the episodes regularly except this one. This one, I save - and cherish - for this time of year.

The show led me to dress - and somewhat act - differently. The end result led me here - you own my presence on this forum and these boards directly to that show.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Jeffersons Season 1

Still funny, and I realize I looked up to Louise as a style model. This dress is fab!!

Picture4.png

LD

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Just got hooked on....

... the cancelled series "Firefly".

So I gave in an bought the DVD set... and watched em all on a day off!!

I'd kill for another season of two, just for kicks!!!

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
I watched two episodes of William Shatners new talk show "Raw Nerve". He is actually a very good interviewer, not the usual questions and very insightful give and take. The show with Tim Allen was surprisingly good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points