Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

swinggal

One Too Many
Kermez said:
I just watched the "Elite XC" on CBS. Kimbo Slice beaten by a LHW - ha!

Great series. I have them all on DVD. The wardrobe and Art Deco era design, houses, cars etc are so true to the era...plus they are bloody hilarious!!!! I have been watching these since they first came out. Hugh Laurie is great in these roles. He's awesome in Blackadder too. Kind of wish he could speak with his native accent in House :(

1808637_2085f2691b_m.jpeg

jeeves_and_wooster_uk-show.jpg

Marzipan

One of the Regulars
I Love Lucy is all I'm allowed to watch...

;)

Since I'm "living in the 50's" for a year I'm only allowed to watch "I Love Lucy" and "Leave it to Beaver." At first I was content with dvds but then I thought that I would make it more authentic and only watch the tube. AMC usually only plays post 50's movies and we don't get other classic channels.
However, I don't miss TV at all and really love Lucy's antics. I'm just dreading the days when I've seen them all and will cope with reruns!

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Any one watch Dancing with the Stars tonight???
Some great retro dances on the show tonight...
Two couples doing each dance, west coast swing, hustle, salsa and jitterbug..
The jitterbug sure looks like fun to me but very very energetic.. Sort of a wilder version of jive and east coast swing!
The hustle is still taught at some studios and can be danced to alot of different songs.. Not just from the 70's.
Salsa is, well, hot and spicey and would have been danced in Latin clubs in the 50's.. It did after all come from Cuba and that was a happening place until 1959.. Rememberr Ricky Ricardo? Salsa and mambo are closely related dances but with slightly different timing.. Both alot of fun!
I am not a huge fan of West Coast Swing but the routines they did were good. Afterall Lacey is a WCS champ... I am still struggling with WCS in our dance classes... I had a huge aha moment in group class last week when the teacher actually taught us how to count the rhythm.. So we usually do 2 weeks of a dance and will be learning more WCS moves this week..
All in all a very entertaining week on the show.. Hopefully they have more like this!!!

Kassia

One of the Regulars
Marzipan said:
;)

Since I'm "living in the 50's" for a year I'm only allowed to watch "I Love Lucy" and "Leave it to Beaver." At first I was content with dvds but then I thought that I would make it more authentic and only watch the tube. AMC usually only plays post 50's movies and we don't get other classic channels.
However, I don't miss TV at all and really love Lucy's antics. I'm just dreading the days when I've seen them all and will cope with reruns!

What about the TCM channel?
And you could watch the Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet too...
There must be dozens of shows and movies you could be watching..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points