Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

Starius

Practically Family
Spiffy said:
The last episode of Season 3 Doctor Who.
I'm pretty sure that no villain could ever top The Master in terms of sheer evil awesomeness. I want the kind of evil overlord that celebrates his complete domination of the earth by dancing to Scissor Sisters.
Yes, please.

All this re-Whovination was spurred by a back-from-London gift from my roomate; a K9 car air freshener! It's spending some quality time hanging from my review mirror with a little robot puppet and some costume jewelry.

I realize that this is an incredibly geeky post. Oh well, what can you do?[huh]

Maybe geeky for this thread, but certainly not for this one. ;)

A K-9 air freshener... that is awesome. I so want to find one now.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Well, it in reality killed the love interest storyline between Blake and Carter.
She 'loved' Stark, who is now 'dead' so if she and Carter did get together it would be all awkward, and when Stark does come back (what else but, really) its awkward again. :eusa_doh:

Plus the introduction of the pregnant sister....geeze.
ALSO it happened in the middle of the season (early middle). Whats that about!?

I wonder what the writers are thinking...

LD

Josephine

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
...Stark, who is now 'dead' ...
I wonder what the writers are thinking...

LD

Ed Quinn wanted out. So it wasn't the writer's fault. :/ I loved the banter between Stark and Carter. I wanted Allison with Carter, to free up Stark to be my TV boyfriend. :D I'll still watch it, for awhile at least.

I was worried when I read they were bringing in a blond actress to play Carter''s sister, I was concerned she'd be one of the "beautiful people". But she's regular, just like us! lol

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Yeah, I read they knew of his exit ten months ago! Still, the episode seemed to feel so last minute. I think thats what it was.

As for other TV... I tried to watch The Riches, but just didnt believe two British actors playing American Gypsies. And I just didnt buy that this couples life they took had no past. I adore Eddie Izzard, but I could only get through the pilot and half of the second episode before I turned it off.

What is it with the British Actors playing major characters in American tv train lately lol

LD

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Got the Mannix DVDs yesterday and so far have only watched the pilot and "Skid Marks On a Dry Run." I like the artsy direction, the Mid-Century Modern buildings, Mike Connors (and his checked sportscoats) and the musical underscores. Even at this early stage the show doesn't need the "Intertect" angle and it's easy to see why they jettisonned the concept after the first season. Of the two episodes I've watched, it seems to me that the guest stars (Kim Hunter, Barbara Anderson, Lloyd Nolan, etc.) aren't given much to do and the plots often aren't too detailed, with both eps having rather abrubt resolutions and characters having--even for TV-- simplistic motivations. I look forward to future years when Joe is on his own and has Peggy Fair as his secretary.

BTW, that Ernie Anderson-narrated Mannix syndication pitch is worth the price of this set alone!!!

Spiffy

A-List Customer
The Middleman.
If Buffy The Vampire Slayer went on Prozac and then ran away to live happily ever after in comic books, this would be the result.
I try to ignore that ABC Family airs this.

Kermez

A-List Customer
Sunday I watched the premiere episode of True Blood (based on the Sookie Stackhouse "Southern Vampire Mystery" series by Charlaine Harris).

If DVDs count, yesterday I watched the "Champagne for One" episode of A Nero Wolfe Mystery (my all-time favorite tv show).

swinggal

One Too Many
Dexter Series 3 Ep 1 - pre-air download.

I love Dexter. The characters are real, the story is great and I love that it makes you question your own morals and gets your brain humming unlike most TV shows these days.

Our Gang

I have been watching some of the Hal Roach "Our Gang" comedies which many people know as "The Little Rascals".

Some of the series was put onto VHS a while back, 21 tapes with 4 episodes each for a total of 84 episodes. The series lasted some 23 years and I believe there were more silent episodes than talkies.

Cabin Fever (I think) did the series and was redoing them to DVD. They took two tapes worth (8 episodes) and put it to DVD but only did some 6 DVD's for a total of 48, so I think they made it up to tape number 12 and quit.

Anyway, if you are of the right age many of these episodes are burned into your head or rattling around as suppressed memories from television viewing in childhood. These are uncut / restored so they contain some stuff tv would not deal with these days.

I watched 2 DVD's worth and was laughing pretty much the whole time except in "Fly My Kite" when the no good son in law Dan was kickin' Grandma out of her own home and trying to steal the bonds!

"The Kid From Borneo" was fabulously funny, Spanky was great at 4 years old. They mistake "the Wild Man of Borneo" as their uncle George, the black sheep of the family. "Yum Yum Eatummup!"

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
True Blood, the first two eps.

I dont know yet about this one yet...There is amazing chemistry between the actors playing Sookie and Bill that just shows up powerful in the show.

Its the supporting characters that are driving me nuts. Aside from the Grandmother (who is my favorite character on the show), and Rene all the other characters I find strongly annoying, especially the best friend, Tara.

I know they have to come on strong in the first few eps, and the show should level out mid season, but I dont know...There is a lot of overly melodramatic moments and then camp. No level yet.

Still, its Alan Ball, Ive always thought of him as the NV-17 version of Joss Whedon, (and Whedon the PG-13) version of Ball), so Ill keep watching :)

LD

Spiffy

A-List Customer
I've actually been watching a lot of Skins, which I randomly caught last weekend on BBCA after stumbling home from a party. I'm a sucker for semi-exploitive, sensationalistic teen ensemble dramidies.

It's SO trashy. I just love it. It helps me avoid things like writing papers for American Cinema class or filling out those pesky job applications.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy