Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Were You Like As A Teen?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Cousin Hepcat said:
I was pretty extroverted in that environment... actually, probably somewhat loud & obnoxious. Always drumming out rap beats on the desk when the teacher left the room & leading the class in recitals of Run-DMC, Biz Markie, etc, those that knew the songs.

- C H

OOOH! My brother did that too! **psffst**, boys :rolleyes:

You left off Kool Moe D :p

LD

Dan G

One of the Regulars
As a young teen. I was a pain in the ass. I hated school, slept through my classes, did no homework, and aced every test that came my way. My teachers hated me for it. Other than that I was real quiet, mellow, and really easy to get along with. I had pot smoking hippy friends, 'hick' friends,' and computer geek friends. It's amazing how far a little peer respect will go.
Wasn't into drinking or drugging, but hung out with plenty that were, and was frequently the get away driver.lol

As and older teen, I was probably the only logger in the Gem state that showed up to the job at 4 A.M. in a Chevy pickup with a crankin stereo playing Pink Floyd, or Deep Purple, or some such at ear bleeding levels. I'd hop out in my Converse tennies, reach in for my Calk boots, (boots with little spikes on them, pronounced corks) all the while everybody just howling because I could keep up with them on the job.;) lol Then I'd go home, clean up, and I'd hit the streets with friends, raising cane and cruising. :cool:

Life was good. Still is.

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Cocker Spaniel

You don't want to see a picture of me as a teen. With curly my red/brown hair long enough to touch my shoulders, I looked like a cocker spaniel. :D

My personality hasn't changed much. I've always been a quiet person who likes quiet. I've always felt that most people are either rude or stupid, so my friends belonged to a small, exclusive club. I never partied and, to this day, have never even been drunk.

My ex-girlfriend approached me because she said I was "genteel". It surprised her that I knew what that meant.

As a teen, everyone who knew me was always jealous of the women I knew. What they didn't know was that I was never more than a friend. It got to the point where I hated hearing a gal say, "You're such a nice guy," because I knew what was coming next. And what came next was never good for my ego. (Oftentimes, what came next was the mention of a never-before-mentioned boyfriend. Usually timed just before I got up the nerve to ask her out.)

I was a band geek in high school. Never any sports. No academics clubs. No chess or audio/visual group. Nothing but the band - and I quit that after my sophomore year.

Gee! I was pretty boring when I was a teen. And not much has changed! LOL

Lee

"We're all morons. Some of us are just better at it."

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Fatdutchman said:
I have made a real change in my personality only in the last few years... I know what I want now, and what I want to do. It'll take me a while, though (It may be the last thing I'll ever do, but by golly, I'll do it!).
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Great, Dutchman! That takes guts, to do it, and to share it. Whatever it is you're after, I'm sure you'll find success.

Lady Day said:
Cousin Hepcat said:
I was pretty extroverted in that environment... actually, probably somewhat loud & obnoxious. Always drumming out rap beats on the desk when the teacher left the room & leading the class in recitals of Run-DMC, Biz Markie, etc, those that knew the songs.

- C H

OOOH! My brother did that too! **psffst**, boys :rolleyes:

You left off Kool Moe D :p

LD
HA! :D That's Too Funny, Lady Day. But it wasn't just us boys, after a while a couple of the girls started getting in on it too... But we all turned out OK, right? :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy