Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

what what your favorite 1960's movies?

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Maybe. The title seems to be 2 titles in one. Hill House,..and The Haunting. My memory might deceive me, but I still recall the title I saw at the drive in long ago as being just Hill House. Either way, the movie included some of the truly scariest film scenes ever. :eeek:
It was released in the UK with the title The Haunting of Hill House which, as Doctor Strange stated above, was the title of the novel the movie was based on. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Foxer55

A-List Customer
You're kidding, right?

bullitt.jpg

UKquad.jpg

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
Actually, there were Americans who helped dig the tunnels for The Great Esacape! Just before the escape, the Germans decided to transfer all the Americans to another camp.

The tunnel was engineered by Canadian soldiers, hard rock miners from Timmins. Don't think this was mentioned in the film.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The tunnel was engineered by Canadian soldiers, hard rock miners from Timmins. Don't think this was mentioned in the film.

Yes, Flight Lieutenant Wally Floody OBE. Also, the role of the scrounger, played by James Garner, was in fact a composite character. There were a lot of men tasked with getting all the need papers, maps, cameras and every thing else to escape. It was a monumental operation. Truth, really is stranger then fiction!

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Battle of Britain
Zulu
Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Italian Job
Lawrence of Arabia
The Guns of Navarone
The Good the Bad and the Ugly
From Russia with Love

...and that's just to start with.

FedoraFan112390