What would you buy today (if money was no object)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Monitor, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Cornelius

Cornelius One of the Regulars

Hell, I would just buy a first class ticket straight to Tokyo, hire a translator, walk right into Desolation Row and announce "ONE OF EVERYTHING, please."

2. red devil

red devil One Too Many

No need for a translator to ask for this :D

Edit: Hell I would be there and help you if needed just to see you place that order!

sweetfights likes this.
  3. Cornelius

Anything I eventually decided was not to my taste would be donated to starving orphans loitering outside the gates of Pitti Uomo

red devil likes this.
  4. Cornelius

Would probably stop at Mister Freedom on the way home, after sleeping off the jetlag at Chateau Marmont

5. Blackadder

Blackadder Call Me a Cab

It probably won't work because they are usually low on stock on almost everything. The proper way is ask them to send everything in the next season to you when they are ready.

6. Cornelius

Duly noted, thanks - I'll clip a reminder to my Lotto tickets

7. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

28E56129-815C-413A-8E02-DE5E2558546D.jpeg If it were really NO object, today it would be this due to the sorta cool leather backstory.

hondurasdave47 and Monitor like this.
  8. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Oh lol! Is this what RMC costs now? Why stop at $4000? Why not go straight for the $5000?

Bfd70 likes this.
  9. RockSolid

RockSolid Familiar Face

I would instantly buy this :
    Custom Trojan "Night Rider" Horsehide Motorcycle Jacket $1800.00 (Add $200.00 for Belt)
    [​IMG]

tmitchell59, red devil, JMax and 4 others like this.
  10. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

DEA35BC6-2788-47DF-A450-15E32B121532.gif

11. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

Right, not like if I had some money and wanted a new jacket but if I had Bill Gates money. An amount where money becomes a sort of abstract concept.

Korozen, also known as the 'dye of the sun', was the color for formal royal garments during the Heian period in Japan. It had incredible color-changing characteristics, much like an opal, with a base color of madder red which shifts as light moves over it. The technique was passed down generationally from artisan to artisan, but was eventually lost to time.

Yusai Okuda was the one to finally unlock this mystery in 1990, at the Yusai Dyeing Laboratory in Kyoto. He founded that laboratory in 1980 after studying painting; engraving; and both Western and Japanese garment design. At this lab, he was able to recreate the Korozen dye in a modern form, calling it Yume Korozen, or "Dream Korozen".

The Real McCoy's is only the 3rd company allowed to use this dying technique, and they chose to use it on their flagship A-2 flight jacket. The result is the most limited edition of a jacket that is already tough to come by due to the atelier-built nature of the product. The color is hard to pin down, starting as a red and then showing yellow highlights in bright sunlight

12. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Cool. Now if they could only unlock the mystery of how to make wool coats that don't suck, everyone would be happy.

13. navetsea

navetsea My Mail is Forwarded Here

Well written marketing BS . To me pretty nomal for anything other than black or white to change shade under different lighting condition and to look warmer under sun exposure:confused: but im only a peasant....

ton312 and Monitor like this.
  14. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

This site is deep in $300 pants, $450 truckers, $1,000 boots,and $1500 leather jackets on the regular. We’re swimming in marketing bs.

ton312, navetsea, Carlos840 and 2 others like this.
  15. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Cool story bro. I thought it was just a brown a-2...BUT WAIT...
    Turns out it’s actually cordo! :D LOOL.

Monitor likes this.
  16. navetsea

navetsea My Mail is Forwarded Here

so disappointing there were no tengu priest and ogre blood in that article, it would make a lot more sense. :D

Monitor likes this.
  17. Will Zach

Will Zach A-List Customer

They speak good English at Desolation Row...

Cornelius likes this.
  18. Fifty150

Fifty150 Practically Family

Only thing special is that these local shops tailor the jacket to your body. Perfect custom fit every time. Screenshot_20200130-193006_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200130-193618_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200130-193914_Chrome.jpg

Attached Files:

19. Cornelius

As long as you're so kind and careful not to go there too soon

20. willyto

willyto Practically Family

Are they grumpy and not morning people?