Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you buy today (if money was no object)?

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hell, I would just buy a first class ticket straight to Tokyo, hire a translator, walk right into Desolation Row and announce "ONE OF EVERYTHING, please."

No need for a translator to ask for this :D

Edit: Hell I would be there and help you if needed just to see you place that order!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hell, I would just buy a first class ticket straight to Tokyo, hire a translator, walk right into Desolation Row and announce "ONE OF EVERYTHING, please."
It probably won't work because they are usually low on stock on almost everything. The proper way is ask them to send everything in the next season to you when they are ready.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
28E56129-815C-413A-8E02-DE5E2558546D.jpeg
If it were really NO object, today it would be this due to the sorta cool leather backstory.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Right, not like if I had some money and wanted a new jacket but if I had Bill Gates money. An amount where money becomes a sort of abstract concept.

Korozen, also known as the 'dye of the sun', was the color for formal royal garments during the Heian period in Japan. It had incredible color-changing characteristics, much like an opal, with a base color of madder red which shifts as light moves over it. The technique was passed down generationally from artisan to artisan, but was eventually lost to time.

Yusai Okuda was the one to finally unlock this mystery in 1990, at the Yusai Dyeing Laboratory in Kyoto. He founded that laboratory in 1980 after studying painting; engraving; and both Western and Japanese garment design. At this lab, he was able to recreate the Korozen dye in a modern form, calling it Yume Korozen, or "Dream Korozen".

The Real McCoy's is only the 3rd company allowed to use this dying technique, and they chose to use it on their flagship A-2 flight jacket. The result is the most limited edition of a jacket that is already tough to come by due to the atelier-built nature of the product. The color is hard to pin down, starting as a red and then showing yellow highlights in bright sunlight

Cool. Now if they could only unlock the mystery of how to make wool coats that don't suck, everyone would be happy.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Well written marketing BS . To me pretty nomal for anything other than black or white to change shade under different lighting condition and to look warmer under sun exposure:confused: but im only a peasant....

Right, not like if I had some money and wanted a new jacket but if I had Bill Gates money. An amount where money becomes a sort of abstract concept.

Korozen, also known as the 'dye of the sun', was the color for formal royal garments during the Heian period in Japan. It had incredible color-changing characteristics, much like an opal, with a base color of madder red which shifts as light moves over it. The technique was passed down generationally from artisan to artisan, but was eventually lost to time.

Yusai Okuda was the one to finally unlock this mystery in 1990, at the Yusai Dyeing Laboratory in Kyoto. He founded that laboratory in 1980 after studying painting; engraving; and both Western and Japanese garment design. At this lab, he was able to recreate the Korozen dye in a modern form, calling it Yume Korozen, or "Dream Korozen".

The Real McCoy's is only the 3rd company allowed to use this dying technique, and they chose to use it on their flagship A-2 flight jacket. The result is the most limited edition of a jacket that is already tough to come by due to the atelier-built nature of the product. The color is hard to pin down, starting as a red and then showing yellow highlights in bright sunlight
Cool story bro. I thought it was just a brown a-2...BUT WAIT...
Turns out it’s actually cordo! :D LOOL.

Fifty150

One Too Many
Only thing special is that these local shops tailor the jacket to your body. Perfect custom fit every time.
Screenshot_20200130-193006_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200130-193618_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200130-193914_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200130-193006_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200130-193006_Chrome.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 674

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff