Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you buy today (if money was no object)?

Goel

A-List Customer
If we're restricting it to outer wear... honestly not sure. Probably a shearling jacket or a G1, but I might just get a shearling lined mackinaw even though I would probably never wear it.

After a few weeks of research, I've discovered that I like Clinch engineers the best. And by far. Sadly, they don't seem to exist in a size 12 but if I could find a pair, this is what I'd buy today. And tomorrow and yesterday.

dsc_3702h1.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I guess with money no longer a factor I'd get something that I do not need but totally want. Identifying that piece of outerwear, though, is a problem.

A Teddy Bear coat is something I'd love, but can't presently justify the GBP1500 they go for from the only company still making them. Money no object, I'd never wear anything else with black tie.

I should hope I'm never so insecure as to wish to drive something like that. I don't think it can get more Freudian on four wheels... ;)

mtrlr

One of the Regulars
For me, I think 3 leather jackets would cover all my needs, even if money is not issue. Here are the 3 I'd get: 1) Himel Canuck 2) Himel Kessington or a good CR 3) A good B3.

I already have an Aero CR Vicenza, not a perfect CR (back styling is not flattering tbh), but ok. I have a parka right now for when temperature gets below -15C or -20C here in Canada, otherwise the Vanson Enfield just takes care of it. So I think I can skip the B3. But still want a Canuck though.

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
After a few weeks of research, I've discovered that I like Clinch engineers the best. And by far. Sadly, they don't seem to exist in a size 12 but if I could find a pair, this is what I'd buy today. And tomorrow and yesterday.

dsc_3702h1.jpg

Ivan, check out S&S. They’re doing a pre-order on these boots right now. It looks like it may have closed, but you can probably email them.

https://standardandstrange.com/coll...er-boot-black-overdyed-horsebutt-cn-wide-last

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
When money is not an object i would buy next door neighbor's house, since they keep cooking with shrimp paste and other strong smelling herbs.... in the middle of the night or before sunrise.

Marc Zuckerberg did something along these lines to preserve his own privacy (it's only other people's privacy which he consdiers an "outdated concept", it seems).

Damn... This changes everything. Thank you so much, hondurasdave. I'll email them. Time I get myself something nice.

I handled a pair of Clinch boots at Clutch Cafe in London last year, fwiw. At the time they were £400, and noticeably more solid than, say, my Chippewas (which are themselves beautifully built). Price seemed in line with Lewis boots too. Unfortunately they seem to have skyrocketed since, but they do look great.

Would I dare to walk in $2000 boots, though? Would anyone, really?

My first thought reading thiswas "paging Dav...."

I felt the same about my Role Clubs, before they arrived, once on foot though just treat like a jacket, the more they're worn the better they look.

I've said this before - I love that you're prepared to buy the high end boots and then wear 'em like they were intended.

I wonder whether the 'problem' with engineer boots at present is that they're just not popular enough for there to be much more than either 'cheap' stuff, or really high end.... There's got to be space for a pair of really nicely put-together engineer boots at the GBP200-250 price band. I'd love to see Aero give it a go - surely they'd be a big seller to the Aero jacket market?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner