Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Homemade cottage pie. Not strictly a pie, it a collection of vegetables, I use leeks, spring onions, garlic, peppers, celery and carrots. all finely diced, sweated in a pan with a little olive oil, once par cooked, add finely minced beef. (if you add minced lamb, it's called: Shepherd's Pie) Cook the ingredients slowly, adding a dash of Worcester Sauce and a good slug of red wine.
In the meantime, boil, or steam, whichever your preference, a panful of Maris Piper potatos. When they are cooked through, mash them adding a dollop of butter, and, if you are feeling indulgent, a slurp of cream. Whisk them together into a creamy texture. Take the cooked vegetables and beef, place into a large, deep baking dish, Pipe the creamed potato over the top, brush a spoonful of melted butter over the top and place unde a grill until the top is a golden brown.
Serve piping hot. Mmm! Cottage Pie, enjoy.

Hawkcigar

One of the Regulars
Tonight was grilled sirloin and asparagus, pan seared scallops and twice baked potatoes. And the potatoes were topped with....Bacon! Steak and scallops.jpg

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Dern it, forgot to buy bacon today.
I'll get some tomorrow morning.

Tonight it was a 10oz burger, with sautéed onions and cheddar cheese.
Also a handful of curly fries, with hot sauce.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Italian sausages again tonight, and more pork loin.
They were thawed, and cooked quickly in the Nuwave.
Also microwaved some broccoli and cheese, with Tapatio hot sauce of course. :D

Cheeseburgers outside on the grill. Thinly sliced onion. Garlic buttered sliced potatoes. Buttered corn on the cob. Cold longneck Boston Lager. Dinner on the deck during a beautiful Indiana evening. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925