Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

tN54QqY4p.jpg

dnjan

One Too Many
Had a big lunch yesterday, so just put together a small plate of charcuterie and some cheese for evening snacking.
The highlight was some home-made pancetta tesa that had just finished drying.
This is unrolled pancetta (cured and dried pork belly) which can be sliced thin and eaten like prosciutto.

I have heard people describe cured pork fat as just "melting in your mouth", and this truly did.

The first attempt was just a small, half-pound trial. Hope to start a 2 or 3-lb hunk curing this weekend.

Had a big lunch yesterday, so just put together a small plate of charcuterie and some cheese for evening snacking.
This is unrolled pancetta (cured and dried pork belly) which can be sliced thin and eaten like prosciutto.

I have heard people describe cured pork fat as just "melting in your mouth", and this truly did.

The first attempt was just a small, half-pound trial. Hope to start a 2 or 3-lb hunk curing this weekend.
Bacon by any other name....:p

If it is anything like the Jamón that I while visiting Spain once upon a time, you are a lucky man. I still dream about it, but have yet to find anything as good over here.
:D

dnjan

One Too Many
If it is anything like the Jamón that I while visiting Spain once upon a time, you are a lucky man. I still dream about it, but have yet to find anything as good over here.

Never had Jamón (nor been to Spain for that matter). But I am getting ready to see if I can repeat my initial success with the Pancetta Tesa on a larger piece.

Never had Jamón (nor been to Spain for that matter). But I am getting ready to see if I can repeat my initial success with the Pancetta Tesa on a larger piece.

The basic process for making the two seems to be the same. It reminded me of prosciutto, but was much better than any I had eaten. Best of luck with the next batch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy