Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Is Stubbs the same people that make hardwood lump charcoal?
I've seen that. LOL
No, he has a BBQ place in TX.
While I've never been there (but I have passed through the town...Austin?), I've used his seasonings and rubs for years.
The newest Beef rub is really good IMHO, with a certain something I couldn't identify until I looked it up...coffee.

Justin B

One Too Many
Stubb's Barbecue started in Lubbock, Texas in '68. It wasn't until the 80's he relocated to Austin. His actual name was Stubblefield, but everyone called him "Stubb". His place used to be THE place to go hear live music and eat some really, really good Q.

I've seen that. LOL
No, he has a BBQ place in TX.
While I've never been there (but I have passed through the town...Austin?), I've used his seasonings and rubs for years.
The newest Beef rub is really good IMHO, with a certain something I couldn't identify until I looked it up...coffee.

The lump coal works great too. :p
I make my own dry rub that my friends hit me up for all the time. :p

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Soup?! Geez, what are you in a work camp? :p
on a contrary - we always start our dinner with soup... unfortunately, that is the only meal I managed to consume for the given time... before I was asked to go back. :doh:
When I got back.. supper was waiting for me - cured ham, grilled bell peper and tomatoes. I had an idea.to add the egg there.. but, since it was late.. [huh]

on a contrary - we always start our dinner with soup... unfortunately, that is the only meal I managed to consume for the given time... before I was asked to go back. :doh:
When I got back.. supper was waiting for me - cured ham, grilled bell peper and tomatoes. I had an idea.to add the egg there.. but, since it was late.. [huh]

Oh, ok.
They called you back for more:whip: :whip: :p

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
The lump coal works great too. :p
I make my own dry rub that my friends hit me up for all the time. :p
Never tried the coal, but I'll look for it.
I use half coal half wood to cook with.
Of course since I squirted what was left of my pecan wood supply with Roundup, I'll have to get more!
Still kicking myself for over spraying an area, and NOT moving the wood first.
Thanks for the history Justin. I knew he was in TX but didn't know the history behind his restaurant.
The Chili-Lime rub doesn't really do anything for me, so I stick to the BBQ and Beef rubs.
I had one for hamburger that has something I can't identify in it, it's not a bad taste but also not familiar.

Tonight it was 14oz burgers with Stubbs Beef rub mixed in, cheddar cheese (2 slices), and sautéed onions.
Since I couldn't decide on a vegetable, I fried an egg.
Close enough. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran