Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Lubia Polo (Persian rice with green beans and beef)

Basic recipe: http://mypersiankitchen.com/lubia-polow-rice-with-green-beans/

lubia polo.jpg

The kids spent the day with Grandma today, and when I went to pick'em up she had made chicken and dumplings, cream corn, turnip greens, and cornbread. For desert I had a leftover pecan biscuit she had made them for breakfast, with butter and maple syrup on it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

The kids spent the day with Grandma today, and when I went to pick'em up she had made chicken and dumplings, cream corn, turnip greens, and cornbread. For desert I had a leftover pecan biscuit she had made them for breakfast, with butter and maple syrup on it.

Boy that sounds good...!!
HD

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up

Just as I thought HD would kill me with his dinner posts, now you are after me too. ;)

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Snowed in at the shop....chef boy-r-dee ravioli, straight from the can, and some trail mix....mmmmmm

Don't know the final count, but no where near what you guys got. Just a few inches, mostly ice, but the municipalities are not prepared to deal with it. The last time we had any appreciable amount of snow was back in '93.
All the roads are iced over and closed. The kind of equipment to clear and salt the roads does not exist down here. I opted to camp out here rather than try the frozen parking lot.
There's kids stuck overnight in schools and folks stuck in cars on the interstates. It's pretty funny the way folks react around here, except for this kind of stuff.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
And we got a small dusting, dern it!
But you're right DH, cities further South from where I'm at AREN'T prepared because they usually don't get snow or ice.
We're a bit more prepared up here, but not much.
Drivers have to do their part, and they don't.
Now we have big SUVs with AWD.
That makes it worse, because the truck goes on ice like it goes on dry pavement, but it doesn't stop.
Thus the recipe for pile ups by soccer moms. :eusa_doh:

Tacos

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I'm an Eagle Scout, and I'm prepared. :D
But we have many in town that wait UNTIL the snow to plan.
For me, I'd rather have the items ahead of time.
It's not like food is going to sit and be unused. ;)

Pork Chops tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy