Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Pizza from scratch here. Made the dough, and the sauce. Toppings were a clean-out-the-fridge-before-vacation special. Odds and ends of shredded cheese, some ham, turkey pepperoni, onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, and for our little one "plain cheese, Mama - not the spicy stuff!" [huh]

And we have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
We still have 8 beef smoked sausage rings from City Market in Luling in our freezer, Renault. My father-in-law gifted my husband with them on our last visit. Nothing says love to a Texan like smoked meats, huh?

Renault

One Too Many
Hey Babydoll! Hope y'all are well! Yup! I do like to fire up the pit! Think next weekend I'll go get me some post oak and see if I can burn up a brisket!!! Yeah I think I got a total of Mebbe $45 in my cinder block pit. Felt bad having to buy a few blocks. But young son gifted me a big hunk of expanded metal for a grate!!

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
So I'm a day late.
Tonight it's Pizza, but I make it myself.
Pepperoni, and cheeseburger (the wife likes that).

BTW James, I got you something for your birthday, since I know how you like to cook out.
I got you the Big Green Egg, at least I think that's what it is.
It's big, green, and egg shaped.
Oh well, I'll need your address to ship it.
Honestly, I just don't get those things...where do you put the charcoal, and where is the cooking grate?????? :eusa_doh:

greenegg.jpg

Renault, if you cook out again in the latter part of June, I might just show up at your door step.
Especially if it's brisket. :D
The FIL is having surgery, so we're coming down to take him to Austin.
3 days of driving back to back, in addition to a 12hr trip the day before isn't what I call a vacation, but I have no choice.
It's on the way to and fro Austin, so we'll probably stop here http://www.cuetopiatexas.com/restaurant.htm for take out or just a quick bite. Meyers Elgin Smokehouse. :essen:

Last edited:

Renault

One Too Many
What kinda surgery he having Gregg?

Meyers is about the best BBQ in Elgin anymore. Won't eat at south side BBQ. Well really don't eat BBQ out anywhere. Just make my own and I can consume cheaper and bigger quantities of beer here at the house. So I'll prolly be BBQ'ing something in June if you're down. And if I ain't BBQ'ing. One of the boys will be!
BTW, here's a pic of them wild hogs son did last Saturday for a wedding! Bride went out and shot two that Thursday night. She didn't think that was enough, so she got up Friday morning and went out and shot a third one. She's a nice girl!

Son said all that was left was a pile of bones!

vintageTink

One Too Many
Well it is my B-Day party so come on out and bring the family. :p
Happy birthday! Or "Alles guten im Geburtstag"!

I made burgers fried in bacon grease (yes, I save it) with thick cut onion and tomato, wrapped in lettuce, and a dollop of Best Foods mayo.

Got a new BBQ grill so tomorrow is hopefully ribeye.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Went to my sister's. Bro-in-law grilled NY strips & some smoked sausage from City Market in Luling, Texas (from the stash in our freezer), baked potatoes, green beans with garlic & almonds, green salad, & for dessert a sampler of wedding cakes left over from a tasting my sister did last night. She's a baker. Hubby's fave cake was chocolate cake with salted caramel filling & chocolate ganache frosting. I liked the vanilla cake with raspberry filling and lemon buttercream - what she made for our wedding years ago. A really nice evening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buick