Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What's for Dinner?

Last night the Mrs. made a tasty concoction of ground beef, garlic, onions, bell peppers, and zucchini, simmered in red wine and served over rice. Not sure what you'd call it but it was good.

Chicken and mushrooms in cream sauce over pasta. Not sure if this is an exclusively Ukrainian recipe, but that is where I learned to make it.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Tacos, and faux Pancho's cheese dip.
No James, not with Cauliflower....
It tasted very similar, and I know it's made a short distance from here.
But I wanted to give it a go, and I don't eat cheese dip often anymore.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Tonight, Korean pork (again - requested by hubby), steamed rice, sesame sauteed green beans.

Tomorrow, hubby's birthday, so BIG pot of Texas chili, spicy cornbread muffins, chopped salad with white balsamic vinaigrette, and lemon bars for dessert.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
Slow cooking a Boston butt roast with plenty of spices, onion, enchilada sauce. Will shred & put into tacos with cheese, avocado, onions, lettuce, refritos, and avocado crema. Smells so good in here right now!

Slow cooking a Boston butt roast with plenty of spices, onion, enchilada sauce. Will shred & put into tacos with cheese, avocado, onions, lettuce, refritos, and avocado crema. Smells so good in here right now!

That sounds delicious!! I think I can smell it from here.

We're having roasted Brussels sprouts, fried squash, and rissoto.

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
You did. :D

We don't eat out, so I cook every night. I'm good (hubby says I'm amazing, but he wants happy wife/life), and brussel sprouts NEVER make it to our table. No amount of bacon-y goodness can erase the horrifically bad brussel sprouts I endured in my childhood. Overcooked (mushy, and bitter) and cold by the time I choked them down. I will not subject my child to their foulness!

Also, the roast was a great deal at the store, and ripe avocados were on sale. I had to make this for dinner!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats